Do you think it’s fair to want an attractive partner if you aren’t attractive?

Updates:
Just to clarify, attractive meaning attractive to the person not everybody.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, I think that people should want whatever they want. I mean, for example there have been multiple questions posted about weight and it seems pretty clear from the responses that plenty of chubby girls don't want chubby boyfriends. In the end, I see nothing wrong with that.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course you can't assume a person that doesn't find you attractive would date you. They most likely wouldn't. But I do think that there is always the possibility to find that one person who you mutually feel attracted to. Attraction isn't really something that can be compared, because it always depends on the person viewing you. Even if someone might find you unattractive, someone else might find you very attractive.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 20

• This is fair- everyone is entitled to their preferences- but don't complain when you can't find someone you like who meets your arbitrary criteria (or only end up in bad relationships because you only care about superficial compatibility).

I also think that if someone goes out looking for a checklist in a partner they're unlikely to find someone who's really compatible (and I think that people forget that sexual attraction can be found in many ways that aren't superficial).

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really. It's very unrealistic. I mean obviously we all want to be with the most attractive people but we have to realize we've gotta be with people near our levels of attractiveness.

0|1
    0|0
  • it isn't about fairness. we all have our standards.. some people may care more about looks than personality or vice versa.. now just because someone may have their set of standards doesn't mean they will find what theyre looking for. that may or may not happen.. but if it doesn't happen, their standards may change with time

0|0
    0|0
  • Well... I just want a girl thats hard working in life... Even as Friends... It would be a miracle if that happens... its 2017 (soon to be 2018) after all

0|0
    0|0
  • I think that it is completely fine to want someone attractive. It is your preference, and it is your own to choose. That doesn't mean that it will become true anytime soon, but it is your opinion nonetheless.

0|0
    0|0
  • People can want whatever they want, just don't get upset when that unrealistic standard isn't met. Attractive people only want other attractive people.

0|0
    0|0
  • Attractive is a point of view. Just because you don't think you are attractive doesn't mean someone else doesn't.

0|0
    0|0
  • You just have to be attractive to your significant other. Other people don't matter at all

1|0
    0|0
  • If you have other qualities and find the right person there is no problem
    Also attractiveness depends on the Person who is looking

Most people don't like themself and this is a Problem

0|0
    0|0
  • Its normal. You just like what you do. I like one girl that is way out of my league. But i can't control If she'd like me. So it just is what it is.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nobody can tell you what to want. Here the question is more about if you can afford it. If you can - you win.

0|0
    0|0
  • 😂. Every one can dream. But don't throw a gem for beauty alone.

0|0
    0|0
  • nope. its not but most women end up with guys better looking than them. so you got hope.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really it happens all the time you can see the ugliest people with someone hot depends on if the person likes u back

0|0
    0|0
  • nope

0|0
    0|0
  • No. It's not

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not fair

0|0
    0|0
  • Why not !!

0|0
    0|0
  • If you earn it

0|0
    0|0
  • Not fair.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• People can want whatever they want, attraction isn’t about “fair”. If they want to hold out for someone that meets their higher standards that actually want to be with someone of their appearance then that’s their choice

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol it's pretty normal. Why would anyone date someone they're not physically attracted to...

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes