Is it actually necessary to be dishonest in order to start dating someone?

I'm going to start by saying I have little to no experience dating. I decided for the first time, I'm actually going to actively try and start dating.
In the past I worked sales. I like being an honest person, being dishonest makes me really uncomfortable. An honest salesman is rare to say the least. So I found a way to be honest but still make sales. I'd be selective about my words, and what I said. I'd let the other person come to their own conclusions- let it sell itself. I wouldn't ever lie, I just educated myself about the product, answer any questions they had about it; but I wouldn't mention "Oh yeah that part is prone to break" unless they asked, or unless it helped me sell something more expensive.
What I've learned about dating is that it's exactly like sales. Girls say they like honest men, I don't think that's necessarily true. When answering things with complete honesty, the girls back off and try and find a guy who will tell them what they want to hear. Who will act like they have no faults. When you don't address your own faults unless you're asked, or unless it makes her feel better, and you're "selective" in what you say, they stay interested.
Do you actually have to be dishonest to start dating?

Before you attack me girls, I hate the fact I have to act like this too.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 1

• You mustn't be dishonest when dating someone. You wouldn't wanna be lied on and led on by your partner and it should be the same for them. If you feel that you have to lie in order to attract a girl, then this simply indicates she's not the right girl for you. The right one will like you the way you are. No games, no lies

1|1
    0|0
    • I never said anything about lying, I said being selective in what you do or do not say. I never lie outright. I have however notice girls lie to me outright, I guess to impress me? It usually only happens initially, when I'm first starting to get to know them. But if the right one likes me the way I am, I must be a freak because I sure haven't been able to find them.

What Guys Said 2

• You don't have to , there will always be girls that like you the way you are. But from what I can say you are right. We try to "sell" ourselves to the girls and that goes best if you just tell them what they wanna hear instead of what you think. They would often take it as "rude" to be honest

0|1
    0|0
    • I definitely understand the "They would often take it as rude to be honest" part.
      That is 110% true.

• Lies come back to haunt you every time, you have to learn to believe them which is sad

0|1
    0|0
    • You must first believe your own lies in order to sell them.

Recommended myTakes