Dating an older guy?

He's older than me by 14 years and I was wondering how would it be different from dating someone my age.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• My ex-wife was ten years younger than I am. We married the first time got divorced and married again and again got divorced. It was weird because a lot of the stuff that I like to listen to she's never heard of a lot of her humor was different than mine. For example when we met I was 30 and she was 21. She like techno music I didn't care for it very much, she liked anime I can't stand it, she like Linkin Park I like to Johnny Cash. There's a lot of differences and that will make him break a relationship with time of that far in distance however you can adjust yourself to be more of in the middle between the both of you. If you both are open to each other's likes it's going to be great you're going to feel like you're 7 years closer that person will feel like they're seven years closer to you it's a wonderful feeling if you guys are close minded though that's not going to work.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• He is different, he thinks different and with time you might notice more differences... also it depends on you... you might be young by age and mature by mind and he might be old by age but young by mind. One thing is for sure. He already has a personality and is a grown up man you will never be able to change. So most likely you will have to get under him. If you like him and the relationship you have I do not think age matters... for the next 10 years for sure

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• Yes, a lot
    Because there is a High chance for disagreements based on different perspectives, different approaches since there is a different between maturity and experience.
    The generation gap will affect it more than anything.

0|0
    0|0
  • The only difference is the looks of the age gap. Older doesn't always mean more mature or stable. Same goes for younger too. It's more about life experiences

1|0
    0|0
  • It means your maturity and point of view on life will probably be different due to experience

0|0
    0|0
  • The older guy has been there and done that, so conversation is easy. Partners your age are exploring.

0|0
    0|0
  • He's most like more experienced in a lot of different ways so the relationship will definitely be different

0|0
    0|0
  • girl I think you should choose someone else

0|0
    0|0
  • Make sure he doesn't drug you

0|0
    0|0
  • Won't work out in the long term

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Short term no problem long term different story

0|0
    0|0
    • How is it different?

• Because in the short term you can enjoy each other but ultimately your at different stages in life and eventually those differences will show through

Recommended myTakes