Girls, does giving women strong eye contact make men much more attractive to women?

I'm a decent looking guy but for most of my life I've never really given women eye contact. However, a few years ago there was a hot woman who worked across the road from me. When I saw her I would often look right into her eyes. For some reason I had the confidence to make eye contact with this woman. Eventually she did the same back and would give me a bit of a smile. And one time she even sat right next to me on the bus. But sadly, I blew it. Does making strong eye contact with a woman make you more attractive to women or increase your chances with her?

3