Is attraction a choice?

Is attraction a choice?I recently put this poll on my Instagram and the answers were almost split. If you think it is a choice I would love to hear the reasons why below and vice versa! Happy Holidays!
  • YES
  • NO
  • It's complicated, I will explain in the comments
    Vote C

2820

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope, i can't make myself fancy someone or be attracted to them.
    I also can't make myself not fancy someone or not be attracted to them.
    I can't speak for everyone but i know for myself its not a choice.

Most Helpful Guy

• www.court-records.net/.../bratworth-shrug(d).gif

Not 100% a choice and not 100% a non-choice. It's complicated.

It seems your perception and outlook of things can influence what you find attractive but I guess you can't really "force" attraction.

I think one's own bias and prejudice can definitely influence what people find attractive or unattractive. Especially, when we start hearing people justifying "why" they find what they find attractive or unattractive and strongly "believe" in their "justification".

Can we control how we feel about things I wonder? "I feel like I'm his mother when I'm taller than him" or "I don't feel feminine when the guy is shorter". It sounds fishy. Is it the person's opinion on what is "manly" that is affecting their "attraction" or not?

Who knows?

www.court-records.net/.../bratworth-aha(d).gif

But what I do know is that it's not so simple.