Am I considered unlucky in love?

I’m 23 and never had a boyfriend. I’ve tried online because I don’t get much attention in person. People have told me in my life, even complete strangers, that I’m attractive. The guys I’ve talked to online, things end up generally fizzling out or I lose interest. Yet, the people I used to call friends all have boyfriends and have guys wrapped around their fingers. I don’t understand what’s wrong with me. I feel so down about myself. I see these good looking couples in the mall and wish I could have a good guy too. I don’t really have the guts to approach a guy in person. Generally, I figured the guy is supposed to make a first move anyway 😶. I’ve even lost weight and don’t get much attention from guys since my weight loss.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Odds are that if guys are not approaching you in person then you need to study your body language. You are most likely projecting that you are not open to being approached.

I wouldn't read much into not finding someone good online. There's usually a reason guys end up on online dating sites.

This is just the tip of the iceberg, but stop being down on yourself. You're not the first pretty girl without a date to the prom.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• I have seen too much of these questions, and they make me feel a little sad for some reason because of how much they try to change themselves for people.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with you. Am I the only one who thinks that 23 is actually still very young?

Anyway, you can start by talking to guys at work or school. It can be about lunch, or just ask them how their day is. It can be a normal conversation, you don't have to stress yourself so much.

Also, I don't think a guy necessarily needs to make the first move because there are some shy ones! Just a thought, maybe there are guys that like you, just shy to approach you? You can just try to approach them for a change.

All the best!

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• It's really difficult to give u advice on this. for this, one needs to know u or at least had meet u once.
    U said that u figured that a guy is supposed to make the first move, in my opinion it is not completely right...
    One think I would like to say is there's nothing wrong with u..
    Let's have a chat if u would like... Hit me up on pm we will see where it goes... See here I made the first move 😂😂

0|0
    0|0
  • Hard to say. We don't know what you look like. You probably are attractive; a lot of guys probably think you already have a boyfriend so they won't approach you bc.. rejection sucks.

0|0
    0|0
  • If people are saying your attractive maybe guy think your single.

0|0
    0|0
  • Same backstory pretty much exactly.

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m 15 but I’ll marry you 💯

0|0
    0|0
  • well be glad you don't have to be the hunter

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• What I have found is when you stop looking for a guy they usually come out of nowhere. Just focus on enjoying yourself because people are attracted to positive energy like that. If you're over anxious people will get an anxious vibe and think there's something wrong with you.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have the same problem as you, my best friend always tell me that one day he will show up so.. we just have to wait. Every thing have his time.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes