Do you guys consider racial preferences to be racist? Why or why not?

I personally think that racial preferences at their core are racist because for example, my best friend has a preference for white guys (she's white) but I think that's kind of racist because two people of different races could have the exact same type of personality but my friend would instinctively go for the white guy over the guy with the other race just because of his race and that is prejudice
  • Yes
  • No

1334

Most Helpful Guy

• This doesn't consider physical appearance. It's just like how some people think shorter hair is cuter some people might find the bone structure more common to one race more appealing, or any number of things really. It's one thing to say 'I would never date a black guy' and something else to say 'I prefer white dudes', for example.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Ok I understand what you're saying about the whole physical appearance thing but looks only get you so far it's really your personality that really matters in making a relationship work in the end.

• Yea but everyone's different. All depends

Most Helpful Girl

• I would disagree with you. I am white and have a preference for white men. It isn't because I am racist. I just find the light hair and eyes that are associated with Caucasians. And I find European facial features more attractive than those of African or Latin people. It doesn't make me racist, I'm not saying they are bad because of their race, I'm simply not attracted to them...

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • And that's fine I'm not talking about facial features I'm talking about skin color

• Hence I pointed out that I, and many others that prefer a specific race are not doing to because of the person's skin color, but the features of that race...