Was it too soon, and did I mess up?

When talking to this girl after about a month I asked her what she expects to happen between us. She said she didn't know, but we still kept hanging out with each other. So after a little while maybe 3 months, I started to dig this girl. I told her "I really love hanging around her," and pretty much see if we can progress. Mind you I said this after she expressed how much she really likes me (which was about 1-1.5 month (s) prior). I told her a lot more than just that, but that was the main idea. Mind you she would always tell me that I am a really great guy, and she wish she had met me sooner. During the whole time I would get a weird gut feeling. After having a few suspicious calls (it sounded like something was going on in the background with her and someone else), in addition to her never wanting to really move forward I just took it that I got played. So I don't know if I messed it up by really telling her how I felt and really letting her know that I would like to have a relationship with her. I should also mention we spoke very frequently almost everyday, if not everyday. I would start the conversations, and wait until she answered. Then the next time I would wait to let her start the conversation (even though it was killing me inside, because I really enjoyed talking to her and so forth). After a while she told me essentially that she wanted to slow it down, and for me to be patient. From when I really started to get feelings for her, till now I have always had this weird nervous/anxious feeling that she had another guy/guys (some of her stories didn't make sense to mean and some things she would say about other people. When she said things about the other people I wonder if she was actually talking about herself). Even then I just told myself that I was being paranoid. At this moment even though I really like her, I'm trying to get over her and move on. Looking for advice.
P. S. The hardest part is I will have to see her again, because she lives down the street from me, and I know she is going to try and get after me again. This will happen especially since she would be bored and know that she already has me. Not to mention I have to face the embarrassment of getting played by her, and me still having feelings for her.

01