Do you believe that soulmates exist?

Do you believe that soulmates exist?

1142

Most Helpful Guy

• I do bit I think you'd have to extremely lucky to find them and I think very few do

What Guys Said 41

• Nope, not at all. Soul Mates originated from Greek Mythology actually and we don't believe in Zeus so why would believe in any other fallacy contrived by the greeks?

The mythology goes that people used to have four arms, four legs, and two faces back to back. Then one of the Gods zapped us and split us as punishment and that we have to live our lives looking for our "Soul Mate" Our "Other Half" etc. etc. etc.

Now, knowing the mythology behind it, it seems quite ridiculous and you may be crushed to hear this! It is a ridiculous thing to believe! It also limits love and the truth is, love is infinite!

You are compatible with many people and they with you, you just have to find that person you fit best with and there ya go! If there was only one person out there for you, what happens if they died before you met them? What happens if you broke up? "well we wouldn't break up because we are soulmates!" There is no such thing, love is what keeps people together, not that they were meant for each other. You can make yourself compatible with many people, you character is something you can build or destroy. If you want to be with criminals you can be with criminals and end up with one of them, if you want to be with any kind of person in life you can, if you match them and you love each other, are selfless and kind, and the ups out weigh the downs, then there you go! You win!

• yes. but i also don't think you have just one partner for your existence.

soul mates in my opinion are people who havesuch similar energies to you, or such an extensive past life history with you that you just click.

but you meet plenty of people in your life. make many bonds throughout.

• Yes, I do. Not as in two people unknown to each other absolutely 'will' meet, and get together, however. More as in people sharing the same soul.. like, their 'soul' as you would call it, used to be one. Making them exceptionally attuned/connected to each other. :)

• I believe that all of human history plays out according to the will of God, so in that sense every couple was always "meant to be", but I do not believe that there is a perfect match for everyone somewhere in the world. To expect that is just overvaluing your own importance and setting yourself up for disappointment when you inevitably never find that perfect someone

• I think it all depends on you, if you wait until you find someone who suits you perfectly, and they become your one and only love, they will be your soulmate. If you, on the other hand, take relationships frivolously and choose to have multiple partners, you probably won't ever find your soulmate.

• The logic behind it makes no sense, you can have a perfect relationship but not a perfect partner, when you learn to compromise and live with your partners "flaws" then you´ll have your perfect relationship.

• Yes i do believe... But that leads to another Question
    Are soulmates permanent or temporary? I mean... once someone find his/her soulmate... Would it be the first and last one in life?

• No, It's all BS fed into our minds to try and rationonalize a relationship that works or someone that's alone and waiting for something to happen.

• This really begs the question: What do you think soulmate means?

I think whether someone believes that they exist or not depends on what they think the word means.

If it means basically the same thing as "a person who you are very romantically compatible with," then yes, most people believe that such people exist for them.

If it means that there is one person you are destined to be with, with whom you are perfectly compatible, and who you might meet or might not depending on whether you search for them enough...

No, that's ridiculous and makes no sense.

Other definitions?

• Soulmates are merely an incarnation marvel of the man himself.
    If you are rare enough, you can find a soulmate every single day.

• Show more from Guys
    31

What Girls Said 11

• Didn't until I found him. Now I both believe in soul mates and that there can be multiple for one person (even though I've only found one).

• Yes, i do.

• I don’t believe two people are “made” for each other... I think lots of people can fall in love and find someone they’re attracted to and have chemistry with. More so than others. I think it’s a little naive to think only one person in the whole world is right for you, much less your soulmate. That’s just me though!

• Yes. I believe that there is a person out there perfect for you. But a lot of people won't get to experience it because they are caught up in the lust aspect of relationships.

• Yes I do. I have a couple of friends that clearly found theirs.

• I do because I found mine

• If it this. I don’t know where he is hiding

• yes.

• No I do not

• It's possible.

• Show more from Girls
    1