Men and their jobs?

I hear some other women don't like to date men with jobs like, plummer, butcher, etc. I never understood it? They make pretty decent livings and why would having a job that's needed and having skills like how to do plumbing a turn off!! I don't know how to do it and a butcher, I love good meat and I love the idea of dating and or marrying one!!! They know what's good and whats not!! These are like quality jobs and skills and I never understood why some might be turned off by it!!

18

Most Helpful Guy

• Women don't want a real man that has to get his hands dirty. It is funny how women really want a manly man, rough and rugged, and tough, but he can't be dirty or smelly from his job either.
    I am a licensed heavy diesel tech. I make $40 an hour. I have never even needed a resume or interview to get a job because my trade is in such high demand. Yet, when I was younger, the girls thought I was a knuckle dragging neanderthal grease monkey and would never give me the time of day. I never dressed as a mechanic at the bars, I always wore nice clothes and my hands clean. But once I mentioned I was a diesel tech, they lost all interest. Over and over. It took me a long time before I learnt to simply not talk about what I did for a living.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Why tho? I find that amazing!!! That takes skill and knowledge and as you said and its just a fact if life, your job is important! You are doing something that benefits society, making good money and you still manage to smile and stay happy and healthy! I think that's amazing!! And you gotta get your hands dirty, I'm sure if you weren't getting dirty in your profession, you'd be doing a lousy job. I just don't get how another girl can just snub her nose at men who do things like that!!! You sir are a catch!! Don't let bitches ever make you feel like you are anything but. You work hard for what you have and you still manage to smile and keep your head on your shoulders!! I hope you find a girl who sees what a gen you are!!

• Thank you for the kind words. I am married. My wife loves that I can fix things and good with my hands. Her dad worked at a factory for his whole career so he was sorta like me, so that may be why she likes it or has no problem with it. I met her a little later on.
      Yah, I always thought having a boyfriend who had a good job and made good money would be a nice catch and actually sought after, but I was wrong. In this day and age, being employed is harder than it use to be and most younger people don't want physical labour jobs. So jobs like mechanics are becoming really high demand and pay awesome! Only the special women like you see this and appreciate it and therefore will be rewarded with a boyfriend/husband who has a great job, makes excellent money and will never be unemployed and have a nice life together!