Men and their jobs?

I hear some other women don't like to date men with jobs like, plummer, butcher, etc. I never understood it? They make pretty decent livings and why would having a job that's needed and having skills like how to do plumbing a turn off!! I don't know how to do it and a butcher, I love good meat and I love the idea of dating and or marrying one!!! They know what's good and whats not!! These are like quality jobs and skills and I never understood why some might be turned off by it!!

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Women don't want a real man that has to get his hands dirty. It is funny how women really want a manly man, rough and rugged, and tough, but he can't be dirty or smelly from his job either.
    I am a licensed heavy diesel tech. I make $40 an hour. I have never even needed a resume or interview to get a job because my trade is in such high demand. Yet, when I was younger, the girls thought I was a knuckle dragging neanderthal grease monkey and would never give me the time of day. I never dressed as a mechanic at the bars, I always wore nice clothes and my hands clean. But once I mentioned I was a diesel tech, they lost all interest. Over and over. It took me a long time before I learnt to simply not talk about what I did for a living.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Why tho? I find that amazing!!! That takes skill and knowledge and as you said and its just a fact if life, your job is important! You are doing something that benefits society, making good money and you still manage to smile and stay happy and healthy! I think that's amazing!! And you gotta get your hands dirty, I'm sure if you weren't getting dirty in your profession, you'd be doing a lousy job. I just don't get how another girl can just snub her nose at men who do things like that!!! You sir are a catch!! Don't let bitches ever make you feel like you are anything but. You work hard for what you have and you still manage to smile and keep your head on your shoulders!! I hope you find a girl who sees what a gen you are!!

• Thank you for the kind words. I am married. My wife loves that I can fix things and good with my hands. Her dad worked at a factory for his whole career so he was sorta like me, so that may be why she likes it or has no problem with it. I met her a little later on.
      Yah, I always thought having a boyfriend who had a good job and made good money would be a nice catch and actually sought after, but I was wrong. In this day and age, being employed is harder than it use to be and most younger people don't want physical labour jobs. So jobs like mechanics are becoming really high demand and pay awesome! Only the special women like you see this and appreciate it and therefore will be rewarded with a boyfriend/husband who has a great job, makes excellent money and will never be unemployed and have a nice life together!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• That's because you're not a hypocrite and not judging a person based on their skills, like "eww they're killing poor animals, let's go vegan and never date such guys", or "eww he's a plumber, he must be so dirty" et cetera.

0|0
    0|0
  • Most girls want guys with money. And they want guys who don't have blood overall they want guys who were a smoking and is a gentlemen I can't imaging a butcher being a gentlemen

0|0
    0|0
  • The idea of a successful man in this day in age, is based on success. Blue collar Men are usually seen as disposable to society. Someone who doesn't try hard enough to make themselves better.

0|0
    0|0
    • But those skills and jobs are important and a good thing to have. I sure as he'll dont know how to do plumming or know that much about meats and such. Its an amazing skill to have!

• Show All
    • Lol u a cop? I'm in school right now studying criminal justice. I wanna be a k9 officer!! And yes, that's very important job. Never let anyone tell you different

• Keep on with it

• Awesome to see someone asking a question like that😊

0|0
    0|0
  • I agree with you on tgis, and so do obviously many women.

0|0
    0|0
    • The skilled trades get nowhere near enough respect.

• Skills like those are important and needed, so I find it amazing if a person is able to do those things. What do others do, they call a person with those skills to do those things. Whats better than having a man who not only gets how to do it, but they get paid good money for it

• Has anyone ever told you that sometimes when a cow is giving birth the calfs gets stuck and you need to reach up in there with a chain and hook it to the calfs legs and pull it out before they both die

0|0
    0|0
    • I've worked on a farm and live around them, so I actually have heard that lol

• Show All
    • That's some wife material right there lol

• Many people like to think they’re better then others. By doing this they have already shown their insecurities, ego and ignorance.
    Basically shit people who will never find true happiness because of how they view the world.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• I like a man who is passionate and or enjoys his work. What that job is is irrelevant... as long as it is legal. ;)

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes