A guy really likes me but I don't feel the same way for him but don't want to knock his confidence?

So today I met this guy I've been texting for a while. Initially I didn't really feel attracted to him but I thought that was a harsh judgement considering I'd never met him so I agreed to meet him. Today I met him and I had a really good time but I just can't imagine us having a relationship. He's already a really really shy person and he's done so well to have the confidence to ask to meet up with him. Through a mutual friend I've found out after today he now wants to take our relationship further. He's a lovely guy but being round him didn't give me that buzz that I want to get round a boy I like. I'd love to stay friends but I honestly think rejection would break him because he's already so low on confidence so I just don't know what to do?

05

Most Helpful Guy

• That's tough but best to just let him know he isn't "the one" he's great but there is no instant spark, it's better than pretending to flirt to keep his confidence up or that he is in the friend zone and doesn't know it. Help him find someone that will like him