I like a guy with a girlfriend and he likes me too?

A guy at work that I have a crush on, also has a huge crush on me too. He used to flirt with me a lot at work, up until a little while ago when I had a talk with him. I let him know that maybe he shouldn’t speak to me like that seeing as he has a girlfriend. He agreed, saying his girlfriend probably would not like it if she knew. He had also told me that they had been fighting a lot recently. I also let him know that it hurt when he would flirt with me then mention his girlfriend right after, and this was one of the reasons it needed to stop. He’s been good ever since then. We talk still but it’s more friendly rather than flirty.
Even since this I can’t seem to get over the crush. I can only distance myself so much from a coworker. Should I continue to attempt to keep a distance? Is it worth it to wait and see if they break up on their own?

12

Most Helpful Guy

• Just hang back. If something changes then go ahead but until then, try not to be the reason why they break up