Does girls really prefer personality over look?

• Nah, that's BS
    Vote A
  • Yes, actually it's true
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I have a super long list of things I'd love physically from a man but the second I catch feelings that's all out the window. I think it depends on the girl but a majority prefer personality over looks.

1|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• We live in a society where women have been taught to seek a high-value man. This high value man is essentially composed of three things. 1) looks 2) social status 3) money. There are sub categories to these three things but any women who tells you looks aren’t important is either unattractive herself or is so delusional she is living in her own made up world.

0|1
    1|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 14

• Both matter, personality is more important, its what makes the connection.

1|1
    0|0
  • I don’t find this simple. At a younger age I always judged looks, if you weren’t attractive I wouldn’t look at you. Now if I just quickly check out a stranger then it’ll be because the guy is hot. But if I talk to a guy who is average looking in my POV but has a great personality then I can easily develop a crush on this guy because he’s funny/ sweet / caring etc and wouldn’t mind dating him. So personality can override looks. I’d rather a sweet guy who is average than a hot guy who is a dick.

0|1
    0|0
  • No one approaches someone because of their personality. It's always because of how they look. That being said, no matter how hot I think someone is if they are a complete asshole I lose all attraction to them.

0|1
    0|0
    • So you basically said that being hot is essential, all you need with that is not to have the worst possible personality , everything better than that would be enough?

• Everything better than what? I'm a little confused.

• I think girls in general think that both are important. But I think that girls will take an average guy in general with a great personality over a hot guy with an okay personality ya know!

1|1
    0|0
  • Both are important. Initial attraction is based on looks for both men and women. It's when you to get to know a person based on their personality and ethics that you find out if you are compatible or not.

1|1
    0|0
  • I fell in love with an unattractive nerd freshman, during my sophomore year.

So for casual sex = yes looks matter, for a relationship = personality is more important

1|1
    0|1
  • My friends for personality. I go for both but looks come first with me. 60% looks 40% personality

0|1
    0|0
  • I prefer both. Can't have sex or be with an ugly guy. I would NEVER get wet

1|1
    0|0
  • I have to have both otherwise a relationship won’t work for me

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes cause you can be hot AF and be a complete douchebag

1|1
    0|0
  • It's about equal.

1|1
    0|0
  • I do

1|1
    0|0
  • I can’t speak for all women but I do.

0|1
    0|0
  • It is a big lie that people tell

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 6

• It's combination of both usually, just like with us.

1|1
    0|0
  • It's true, while looks are important a strong personality takes priority.

0|1
    0|0
  • Provided the guy isn't ugly AF it is true

1|1
    0|0
  • Why not both?

0|1
    0|0
  • Nah, that's BS

0|1
    1|0
  • nahhhhhhh