Want to know why millennial men are more likely to be single than past generations?

Studies show that millennial men are much more likely to be single than past generations.

As a millennial man, I can say from my experience that it's because millennial women are extremely difficult to impress.

Much harder than than the previous generations of women. I blame third-wave feminism and the fact that these bitches expect much more than in the past.

It's not until these women, whom I unfortunately share the same generation with, reach their 40's that they become easier to impress. At that point, their beauty starts to fade and they realize that they can't have a CEO of a Fortune 500 company as their husband, so they settle for less.

Hence why I reckon that I'm either single for life or find love in my middle age. At this point, women don't like me in my youth, so I just scoff at that stupid romantic media that glorifies young love, turn on my metal/industrial music, and grab a good bottle.

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't understand this logic. You are grouping a whole generation of women into one category because you got rejected x number of times. Maybe they did expect too much of you, or maybe they just didn't like you. Either way, to say a whole generation of women are like this and therefore we should feel sorry for you is kinda crazy. You can't honestly think that is true, right?

1|0
    0|0
    • Do you have any idea how difficult it is to impress women these days unless you look like Spartacus or are a high powered CEO?

Nigh impossible.

Most Helpful Guy

• Oh boy... What a firestorm. ๐Ÿ˜‘ First off, Millennial women aren't entirely the ones to blame. Neither is feminism. Its the cost of living vs wages. Most millenials are overqualified for the jobs the work, can't do the jobs they are qualified to do since an unpaid internship for 6 months won't pay off all the crippling debt we all owe while we buy 5 dollar Starbucks and 10 dollar avocado toast. We are a smart generation left without full parent households most the time or split and we dont want to do that to our kids so we won't settle for anything less than perfect. In addition, we are spoiled really really badly and expect everything handed to us (at least the youngest of the millenials do) the older ones are figuring out thats not how it works and spend 80+ hours a week working to make enough money to pay off all debts and save for permanent residence. The average age when all the debt is gone and house buying is available is 27 so people are marrying later. 30 years ago you could make enough to pay for school with a summer job. Now you really can't. This is the real problem.

0|0
    0|0
    • That is indeed a problem. And it's also the increase in feminism that these women are very hard to please and expect too much from their male counterparts.

• thanks for long lecture Burnie Sanders we all saw 99% Wall Street shut down. Unless I lived in cave. Millenials are lazy bumbs that dont wanna work unless they get the old school pay rate we know. Well those days are over and they ain't come back. So get used to working Mc Donald's to buy franchise one day or keep being Parent smooches you guys are.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 1

• I think your attitude has more to do with it.

2|1
    0|1
    • and THAT is why millennial dudes are staying single lol

• Show All
    • Ladies being single is 1 or the other. Either u chosen it. Because I like the single lifestyle. Or u were forced into it without your will with lies and manipulation by another party who made you think they love you.

• @BrookeAshlen I don't think so. Nowadays, women think they're worth more than they actually are, hence why they feel entitled to only have the men who look like Spartacus or are millionaire CEO's.

What Guys Said 7

• I lot of it has to do with current social movements. Men are finding marriage a one-way contract therefore they do not marry and being single frees a person for commitment. People are so focused on gains and what they want in a relationship making the relationship pointless. However, I woouldn't go as far as saying it is a millennial issue. Millennial are more prone to faces these issues but I personally haven't see people preferring to be single. just the quality of the relationship is weak

0|0
    0|0
    • This is why I hate the stupid feminazi media that glorifies love at a young age, even being pushed into boys' stuff.

• Itโ€™s a very respectful and understandable statement that I agree with not completely but a great portion.

0|0
    0|0
  • Thats simple answer. Most of them are parent moochers. Never leaving home

0|0
    1|0
    • Not me. I only stayed at home so I could get my master's degree and I paid for it with my own salary. Not all of us want student loans, buddy.

• Show All
    • Korean guys have it best. check out "Gangnam Style" From one video his a millionaire. You gotta be creative man. Stop chasing woman. They will chase you. Just have value. I mean a reason when a woman looks at you says wow this guy has it together. Please tell me your can read flirty language from women. I see many men getting hit on and they don't even read the signs from the woman.

• Not true. I hate Gangnam Style and I'm of Korean descent myself. I'm a metalhead and a goth, unlike many Korean Americans.

I've been rejected for my race multiple times and it's mostly white or Latino men who score. South Asian, Middle Eastern, East Asian, and black men have it much worse, especially here in AmeriKKKa.

• Can any man truly afford to be in one? Unless you have nothing to lose, itโ€™s best to have booty calls and no commitments

0|0
    0|0
  • Oh and don't get me started on those Asian expectations

0|0
    0|0
    • Asian expectations? Enlighten me.

• Show All
    • Troll identified. Score.

• I'm Asian and I am not like that. I'm working a cybersecurity internship that pays $17 an hour that lasts for three months.

Also, I am a metalhead, a goth, long haired and Satanic, so that model minority myth is debunked.

• There's trooth there, but also more than a touch of attitude.
    You can wait for the average woman beyond her expectations to accept the average man beyond his means, or expect something different for yourself. Do you realize that averages are 100% made up of people exactly like yourself?
    Settle for less so that the next generation can expect the same. How did that work out for you, exactly?
    Hit me up if you're still confused about your options. I'm probably creeping close to that 100 character or whatever limit again.

0|0
    0|0
    • Well, it seems like the older that women get, the easier they are to please.

• I wouldn't put it that way. Older women are less likely to expect their fellas to entirely please them. They know that they have a responsibility to themselves and are less likely to put all that responsibility on men. That is if they're not fully jaded from being disappointed so often for so long.

• I mean, with the young women, they want superbly powerful guys. Even if they're not even that good looking themselves.

• Because they're afraid they will be falsely accused of rape.

0|1
    0|0
    • Of course. Nowadays, these millennial women falsely accuse men of rape, just for saying hi. Welcome to third-wave feminism.

• If I could thumbs up your response I would

Recommended myTakes