Are relationships overrated for men? Longterm/forever commitment?

Guys, from my experience, I feel none of you want a relationship. You don't want to get married. You don't want children. You don't want love. Is the old fashioned way of life completely dead or do you yearn for love? For that forever affection you can build your life with? I have those dreams but feel no one will ever be that comfort.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I definitely want children (I have them), but marriage? I mean, I'm sure it's fine for some people but all it did for me was erode my assets and leave me beholden to a horrible decision maker and an even worse person. Without her, I'm allowed to parent the way that I want to parent, I'm allowed to build my life the way I want to build it. If you're broke, then it probably doesn't matter either way, but I truly believe that anyone with significant assets should never get married. And it's not that I don't like women -- I love women. I love spending time with them, I love going out, I love talking to them... but marriage? Worst mistake of my life.

1|0
    0|0
    • It seems nowadays people just change their minds every minute about themselves. Maybe one day you'll find her. so sorry for your experience!

• That's the thing though -- I'm not looking for "her", as in, the one girl that I'm going to marry. There are plenty of women out there and they're wonderful to be around. I love going to musicals, I love trying new restaurants, and I love travel -- and I never do these things alone. I'm just not going to marry any of them and I would say that it's the life that I would recommend to most men. I think if you're a dependent guy and you need someone to help you with things, then marriage might make sense, but for the rest of the male population, staying single is the way to go.

• Ah well I could never understand why.

Most Helpful Girl

• i think... there have always been men who wanted marriage. and men who were never really drawn to the idea.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 20

• If NONE of the men you know want a relationship, maybe its time to take a step back and ask yourself "am i the problem?"

0|0
    1|0
    • Lol this isn't about if I'm the problem. Would have to take several for that to be the case. Got out of a bad relationship, and am curious about the rest of the world. From what I've heard from several is they don't want that but to sleep around.

• All people have different opinions. Many choose to live the dating life while others like to build a family. If you want to build a family and have a lasting relationship you must let the other person know immediately. A relationship is for two people. The worse thing you can do to another person is to drag on a relationship for years that one is uninterested in keeping our continuing.

1|0
    0|0
  • Hmm, well think of it this way. I want to wait for marriage, have kids, have a life long wife, and a real relationship now if you think there is any woman who are the same, there is definetly guys who are the same.

We just have to look in the proper places.

1|0
    0|0
  • I value commitment and relationships.. I'm one of those people who would have a good life alone or with a relationship so I don't put a lot of effort into finding one. If I was in one I'd totally value it and her.

1|1
    0|0
  • the old fashion way isn't dead. you just want those things at your young age. if you are around 21 then that is the age to be finding yourself and building a career or focusing on school. guys around this age aren't ready to be tied down and girls are too fixated on the idea of marriage without understanding what it really means because everyone else around them is getting married. take your time, enjoy life, what's the rush? the right guy will come and when he does, you'll be a solid girl with her head on her shoulders.

0|1
    0|0
    • Very good explained sir! Someone give this man a medal 👌

• Show All
    • Yes. That is exactly what I'm seeing. I'll just have to keep at that. I'm afraid it'll take 10 years though 🙈

• lol those 10years will fly by so fast

• I’m 16 but I think like a 21 year old so I say more mature things than others but I want a girlfriend that I could be with forever and never leave her side but I know that it won’t happen soon and I’m not afraid of kids or getting married I’m not a big believer in premarital sex so

0|0
    0|0
  • I would love a long term commitment with a woman. I would love to spend the rest of my life with the woman I love, along with our kids that I would love to have. The old fashioned way of life is for me lol.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope... I want to get married... Have kid (s) and spend the rest of my life with someone that can/know how to make me happy... And for sure I'm not the only one =P lot of guys do

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope because some women not all have made it a bad idea to get married or have kids because we as men always get screwed so goodbye to that same thing that happened to chivalry women killed it. Thanks feminist.

0|0
    0|0
  • What you are seeing is the skittishness that's being ingrained into men these days. I know some feminist will bash what I am about to say but the numbers prove it.
    Marriage is a lose/lose for men if anything goes wrong. It is exceedingly difficult for men to get a fair shake in divorce court and it seems most women are more interested in a No-Fault divorce then in working out the difficulties of marriage. Since most divorces are filed by women, I'm not completely off base here.
    Prove to a man, a good one not the player/bad boy that chicks seem to all be into, that you are in for the long haul, trials, tribulations and joys and you'll find a man who wants that future with you.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think its foolish to commit to young... you don't know who you are going to be until your 30. Not saying it couldn't work just odds are unless you live in a small town never going to change. When i was 18 I was shooting down planes... when I was 20 I as as fixing planes... when I was 26 I was in oil and gas and travelled most of the planet... every change in your life changes you as a person

As mere males do yearn for commitment.. love the whole 9 yards... damn I love soppy romantic movies

The guys the dont... the players.. bad boys who all the girls are attracted to... whilst the nice guys sit back thinking how can a nice girl like that fall for that slut of a guy who can't get his pants off quick enough if a girl looks at him

1|1
    0|0
  • So you've already made up your mind, obviously. Your question is intended to do what, exactly?
    Gather support for your hateful propaganda?

0|0
    0|0
  • Whoa whoa whoa.
    Where is all this hate coming from? I beleive you had a bad experience and you just need to move on :)
    Am sorry for your bad exp

0|0
    0|0
  • I do but I can't get a girlfriend and I've seen enough guys get barrel rolled by women that are supposed to love them to be a little nervous

0|0
    0|0
    • Well I assure you there are women like me that exist who are super picky. Whenever I do find him (preferring to be alone and not a single date until then) I am 100% genuine with you on my thoughts. It kills me to hurt someone, I'm always the comforter.

• Seems me and my friends just all are this way. I see to it you should investigate that person before you put your heart into her. Or how people would phrase it "being a woman" lol

• Overrated

0|0
    0|0
  • legacy first

0|0
    0|0
  • No it’s not foolish

0|0
    0|0
  • Could be

0|0
    0|0
  • I have none of those dreams and nothing is forever... the outrageously high number of women initiating divorce tells me that.

All I need is my health, mobility, peace, contentment, and cash. Relationships with modern day women are unworthy. Most have taken part in the hookup culture and had trains run on them. Thanks but no thanks.

0|1
    0|0

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 1

• Lots of men are the opposite to what you describe.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes