Are relationships overrated for men? Longterm/forever commitment?

Guys, from my experience, I feel none of you want a relationship. You don't want to get married. You don't want children. You don't want love. Is the old fashioned way of life completely dead or do you yearn for love? For that forever affection you can build your life with? I have those dreams but feel no one will ever be that comfort.

221

Most Helpful Guy

• I definitely want children (I have them), but marriage? I mean, I'm sure it's fine for some people but all it did for me was erode my assets and leave me beholden to a horrible decision maker and an even worse person. Without her, I'm allowed to parent the way that I want to parent, I'm allowed to build my life the way I want to build it. If you're broke, then it probably doesn't matter either way, but I truly believe that anyone with significant assets should never get married. And it's not that I don't like women -- I love women. I love spending time with them, I love going out, I love talking to them... but marriage? Worst mistake of my life.

• It seems nowadays people just change their minds every minute about themselves. Maybe one day you'll find her. so sorry for your experience!

• That's the thing though -- I'm not looking for "her", as in, the one girl that I'm going to marry. There are plenty of women out there and they're wonderful to be around. I love going to musicals, I love trying new restaurants, and I love travel -- and I never do these things alone. I'm just not going to marry any of them and I would say that it's the life that I would recommend to most men. I think if you're a dependent guy and you need someone to help you with things, then marriage might make sense, but for the rest of the male population, staying single is the way to go.

• Ah well I could never understand why.

Most Helpful Girl

• i think... there have always been men who wanted marriage. and men who were never really drawn to the idea.