Do I have the right to feel like that?

So, i have been seeing this guy for the past two months and we go out only the two of us almost everyday. We hug, we cuddle, we hold hands but it's still a little bit awkward sometimes because we are not officially a couple. I really want us to be, i care a lot about him but it's harder for him to trust someone else because he has been hurt before by the girl he liked before. I understand that, i give him space but i want him sometimes to be more direct and tell me he likes me and want us to be together. The worst part is that i get emotionally attached way too easily so i easily get upset when he doesn't tell me what i would like to hear. I don't know if i have the right to get that mad at him. I was thinking about distancing myself from him but i miss him and i hate playing the game of being unavailable.

010

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't play games. COMMUNICATE! Don't be demanding or upset when you talk to him about it, just tell him what you want and how not getting it makes you feel. Then talk about how HE feels and LISTEN TO HIM. Give him his opportunity to be heard.

Finally, ask him if there is any way to bring the two of you together.

It's possible that you will get an answer that you don't want to hear, but even then, at least you would know. But you might also get what you want...

• Oh, believe me, i tell him the reason whenever i feel upset, the problem is that he doesn't like talking about his feelings and changes the subject right away. I guess i should be the one to take the initiative and have the talk "what are we". I have tried to do so before but he would say 'let's talk another time' anyways, thanks for your advice!

• The trick is that you need to be able to have a conversation about your feelings without USING your feelings while you do so. If you only talk about your feelings or relationship when you are upset (or you let the conversation get you upset), then is it any surprise that he avoids those conversations?

Put those feelings on hold and talk to him as if you were advocating for someone else, even though it's about you. Keep that emotional separation during the conversation so he doesn't get defensive or avoid the conversation.

• Okay, i will take that under consideration! Thank you!