Why does it sound as if guys don’t Iike me?

I feel a bit frustrated. I’ve been complimented by a lot of people, even strangers, regarding my looks. However, I am always single. I’m 23 and never had a boyfriend. All of the friends I’ve had been in a relationship. I’ve been asked out but it was never by a guy I liked or was my kind of guy. I hear stories of girls getting approached all the time. But rarely. I mean like never. Has a handsome guy given me the time of day. I’m told I’m “intimidating” and “unapproachable” but I’m super shy. I feel that’s part of who I am. Most people seem to meet in the work place or through friends. Cute guys at the job don’t talk to me. And I don’t have many friends. And the ones that do have guy friends, they’re either taken or not my type. I’m told guys look at me by friends. But I am not cordially approached or noticed in my opinion. I lost a lot of weight and feel a lot better about myself. I don’t know what else to do. I’ve tried free online dating sites. Those didn’t last. And the two guys I met on match. com rubbed me the wrong way. I would like a good guy but I’m starting to believe it will never happen for me.

05

Most Helpful Guy

• A few issues here... girls can easily give off a vibe of 'Don't even dare approach me' that's not a bad thing... very rarely do decent guys approach girls in clubs. It happens! But most guys in clubs know they are wanted by girls and they therefore don't worry about rejection.
    Another issue is that I don't know you, but from what you've written it sounds more like you haven't liked anyone that has approached you... not that you haven't been approached.
    I also haven't seen you so I can't comment on your attractiveness. I think either your standards are too high and stop looking for a handsome guy... and look for a genuinely nice guy. Or just smile a little more and catch guys eyes. If they do look at you... to actually talk to you, you need to give them a signal. Usually prolonged eye contact at minimum. A wink and cheeky smile would have them approaching you.