I've been dating this guy for a month and half. He's inviting me to have dinner with his family on Christmas day. Should I say "Yes"?

I've been dating this guy for only a month and half. Everything was great, but the fact that he invites me to have dinner with his family is making me extremely nervous. Isn't it too early? What should I do? I've never met the parents of someone I date before, so I have no idea what to do! Thoughts?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• From his prospective, he is being really honest and invites you to show you to his family. If you are not comfortable with it, then it is completely normal to to tell him that you like him, but need some more time to adjust with everything. He will understand. I don't see anything wrong in it, if you not choose not to see his parents at this time.

0|1
    0|0
    • ^^^^^^ I agree fully

• Show All
    • Yes, indeed it is. Look, life is too short to worry about future. Every positive step taken with honesty can lead to happiness and great things. Don't be nervous, go there with curiousity, positivity, and delight everyone with the fragrance of your presence. :) Good luck and Merry Christmas. !

• thank you so much! :)

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 17

• I think it's a positive that he has invited you, but if you're that uncomfortable about it, talk to him before you decline the invitation. He may be able to allay your fears.

0|0
    0|0
  • It might be a little early, but if he wants you to come and meet his family, he is obviously for real with you and wnats you in his life.

I would say go because, hey... Free dinner 😂
    But you are going to be looked at as a potential part of family and have to try to act like one

1|0
    0|0
  • If you want to go, it's ok to go but if you don't want to go, that's ok too. Personally, I think you're making too big of a deal about it, but I never think that anyone should feel obligated to do something like this if it makes them feel uneasy.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's never too soon, it's just a matter of how comfortable you are with meeting his parents. If you're very unsure and don't want to just tell him you don't want to. He can't force you into it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Damn he's quick. I wouldn't go at all, that feels like he's made up his mind enough to show you off to family and that smacks of being too clingy and fast in a relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe he isn't particularly family oriented and to him it's not a big deal (also it sort of counts as a free date, he takes you "out" for a meal and it doesn't cost him anything because his family cooks).

0|0
    0|0
  • I guess it's you choice but if u really like him and Visa versa then yeh why not and if ur busy and have other plans tell him nicely that sorry you can't come

0|0
    0|0
  • I would feel weird not inviting my girlfriend or at least asking her how she feels about not being invited, so best to not overthink it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course!!! It is def a good thing to meet his parents.. u gotta do it sooner or later.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just talk with him about it and tell him its just unconformable/nervous for you, he should understood but it could be disappointing for him

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes