I'm in my younger 20s. I don't want to date b/c I don't want to waste time on guys who aren't looking for relationships. Is my mindset skewed?

So just dating and having sex isn't my thing. I thought you dated someone to see if you wanted a relationship with them. That has always been my intention when I'm with guys because I've always wanted to find my person and spend our younger lives together, build and grow together.

After dating a few guys I've realized not everyone has this mindset. Most guys just want to date casually and have sex. That's fine but that's not what I want to be part of. I don't want to waste time and feelings or share my body with men who don't care about me and won't be there in the long run. I want love, to grow, to experience life together.

For now I'm taking a break from dating because I feel it will waste my time. I would rather spend my time just focusing on school, working towards my career and becoming financially stable and loving my hobbies, friends and family. I've had a bunch of guys who want to date me but I just can't allow myself to waste time with people who I know won't be there down the line.

My peers and family think I'm taking myself way too seriously and I should be out having fun, not thinking too hard on the future. I'm having fun, without dating and sex. I'm just big on using my time wisely and I don't think I can use it wisely on men who can't give me what I want.

What do you think?

26

Most Helpful Guy

• I've been wanting to find a long term relationship, but seems like women always pass on me unfortunately.

I don't know seems like women only cares about looks and having fun. Like they are obsessed with fun like traveling, going to concerts, and raves.

Well maybe I'm just living in the wrong part of the country.

Most Helpful Girl

• I view dating the same way. I was lucky to find someone of the same mindset back when I was 14. I feel like if you were to use more adult dating sites like plenty of fish or something like that you may have more luck