I am scared to go out because I think I’m ugly, should I wait?

A lot of guys ask me out or to hang out but I have really low self esteem and think I am way to horrible looking or ugly to do so. I always procrastinate going out or make tons of excuses to not go out. Is it true that until I value myself I won’t be able to be happy and date again?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Rarely do we appear as ugly as mirror suggests - most common among models, high class gals in airline/other services where this matters in interviews. So am saying GO OUT and get over it.

Most often the gals that give it up (sex) have low self esteem, the lowest even prefer bondage and being a slave to someone dominant. So am saying DON'T GO OUT if anyone is making you feel this way or making it worse.

I suggest making a list of tings/events that would draw you out
    and post these next to the phone/whatever is used to ask you out.
    You might also post a list of those wanting dates and sort them as to preference/attractiveness or how comfortable you are with them.

Next caller that rates fairly high on list and will change his outing offering to something on your event list IS the winner of an outing with you, no excuses YOUR NEW RULE

Think about it
    Life's too short
    and these fun outings when single may soon peter off due to age & "everyone's married" filters

1|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 19

• yep, pretty much, as long as you think you are ugly you will never be at ease dating anyone, even a fat bald man, so you have to work on your self steem issue right now, if it needs be go after a psychologist.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think u should step out of ur comfort zone a bit, cuz a guy wouldn't ask u out if he didn't like how u look. Sometimes bravery is just doing something u wouldn't normally do, and that fear would eventually drift away the more u push urself to do stuff out of ur norm.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think selfconfidence is very important. Therapy can help you with it, but also putting yourself out there, but babysteps. Go on low pressure type of dates first. A lunch, movie or coffee. Learn what many here said already, you are already worth to enjoy and be someones company.

0|0
    0|0
  • ya... sure wait I guess
    nothing worse than a girl that is not ready to socialize with a guy because she will just find something to taint it... nothing will be good enough for her until she feels good enough

0|0
    0|0
  • Consider going to therapist if you can't handle it yourself. Going to therapist nowadays is normal, while there is nothing better to spend money on than yourself.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would never tell anyone they shouldn't date though I do agree that if you don't value yourself, I'm less than optimistic that dating will be a happy experience for you or your date.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think you should date. Casually. Let the men trying to get your attention help you gain your confidence.

If you can't , you should see a therapist. Don't let fear control and ruin your life!

0|0
    0|0
  • Need to find something that makes you feel good about yourself. You have to be able to have happiness before you can rely on someone else

1|0
    0|0
  • Try just asking a guy for a coffee as a friend. Or ask a guy out on a short date. Only way to over come is to do it. Longer you wait the harder it'll get unfortunately.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you value yourself, no one can put you down. Have you ever seen that girl who has hundreds of people telling her she’s beautiful but doesn’t believe it herself? It doesn’t matter if you have a hundred, thousand, or a million people telling you you’re beautiful. If you don’t believe it then nothing anyone says will help you. My advice? Listen to what these people say and incorporate that into your “self talk.” Meaning, tell yourself in your mind what about you is worthy liking and tell yourself you’re worth it. Sometimes talking to yourself is a life saver. Be honest too

0|0
    0|0
  • Uh if you want to improve your self esteem make and complete small goals you'll feel better. If you want to follow me and pm I would be happy to rate a picture of you. Cheers

0|0
    0|0
  • I bet your beautiful just been hurt to much I turn it on myself too

1|0
    0|0
  • Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If they ask you out, they think you are attractive in one way or another.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes... if you can't love yourself, how will you ever love anyone?

0|0
    0|0
    • And No!!! Do not wait to enjoy life with friends and family, Ugly is a matter of openion that should be kept...

• Find someone uglier than you.. #problemsolved

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't be so hard on yourself, darling!

0|0
    0|0
  • Stop in secular feel n be brave

0|0
    0|0
  • you are very swwety girl

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, that's true.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• I don't believe you can be ugly if your being asked out and they want to hang out with you. If your like me it's just your view of your self which is a hard battle to fight in self confidence. It's a bitch and hard to fight. Yes you do need to value yourself for you not others start with small things some thing your proud of that you know you have done/achieved.
    Again easier said than done but if you don't you will hurt yourself more and it's not a nice place to be. Good luck.

1|0
    0|0
  • Everyone is beautiful in there own right. You need to get out there for you, no one else no guys, friends or family just yourself. Life is for living and everyone has beauty within them. Don’t hide away. A coffee can be just that small steps, each day as it comes... xx

1|0
    0|0
  • If a guy is asking you out, he finds you beautiful in his eyes. You need to be confident and show yourself off. You have to love yourself before you can love someone else.

0|0
    0|0
  • Every girl is beautiful inside don't lose ur confident just look in the mirror n say i can do it you're beautiful the way u are 😍

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes