Do you talk on phone to someone you just met online?

I'm new to online dating and find after a couple of messages some guys ask for my number or give me theirs. I'm not a fan of talking on the phone, especially to someone I don't know. I will make business related calls because there is a purpose - usually I want something. But a personal call to someone I don't know seems weird to me. Anyone else feel that way? Or do you like to call?

516

Most Helpful Guy

• Getting a number is how you filter out the people that are just going to message forever and never move past that stage. I wouldn't hand my number out right away, but it's something you should expect to do before meeting someone.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Why should you do it before meeting them?
      Would you call them up and chat?

• I see. I guess we all have different ideas of the natural progression... meeting online doesn't feel natural at all lol.

• Well no, I suppose you're right. It's a strange world we live in.

Most Helpful Girl

• No that stresses me out. I don’t like talking on the phone either but it could be a good thing of you’re planning to meet the person

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Yes stresses me out too!!