Guys, In love with ex s' friend, is it worth pursuing and if yes how?

I was in a serious relationship with a man I was about to be married to. I discovered he was cheating on me. I approached his friend for clarity. His friend was very helpful and helped me get clarity.
I broke up with the ex eventually for cheating on me. I contacted his friend a few times on WhatsApp. He responded politely but never initiated anything on his own. I think we have a lot of things in common. Is this worth pursuing and if yes how? We live in the same city.
I was in a serious relationship with a man I was to marry. I discovered he was cheating on me. I approached his friend for clarity. His friend was very helpful & helped me a lot. My ex was a serial liar & cheater & his friend was fed up with this happening again.
I broke up with the ex eventually. I contacted his friend a few times on WhatsApp. He responded politely but never initiated anything on his own. I think we have a lot of things in common. Is this worth pursuing? We are in the same city

4

Most Helpful Guy

• I think the biggest problem will be him accepting the idea of pursuing it. There is a strict unspoken rule about having a romantic relationship with a friend's ex. So if you are determined to go ahead with your plan, be ready for some sort of rejection. I hope this helps :)

• But how do I go ahead without appearing evil?

• I imagine engaging in WhatsApp conversation would be a very good way of gauging his interest, and seeing if it's a good idea in the first place. :)

• Thanks a ton!