Guys, In love with ex s' friend, is it worth pursuing and if yes how?

Guys, In love with ex s' friend, is it worth pursuing and if yes how?

I was in a serious relationship with a man I was about to be married to. I discovered he was cheating on me. I approached his friend for clarity. His friend was very helpful and helped me get clarity.
I broke up with the ex eventually for cheating on me. I contacted his friend a few times on WhatsApp. He responded politely but never initiated anything on his own. I think we have a lot of things in common. Is this worth pursuing and if yes how? We live in the same city.
Updates:
I was in a serious relationship with a man I was to marry. I discovered he was cheating on me. I approached his friend for clarity. His friend was very helpful & helped me a lot. My ex was a serial liar & cheater & his friend was fed up with this happening again.
I broke up with the ex eventually. I contacted his friend a few times on WhatsApp. He responded politely but never initiated anything on his own. I think we have a lot of things in common. Is this worth pursuing? We are in the same city

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I think the biggest problem will be him accepting the idea of pursuing it. There is a strict unspoken rule about having a romantic relationship with a friend's ex. So if you are determined to go ahead with your plan, be ready for some sort of rejection. I hope this helps :)

1|0
    0|0
    • But how do I go ahead without appearing evil?

• I imagine engaging in WhatsApp conversation would be a very good way of gauging his interest, and seeing if it's a good idea in the first place. :)

• Thanks a ton!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• That's tricky, because there are two things that should happen for this to work, first the love must be mutual if it's not, well there's not much you could do second if this guy is real good friends with your ex then it could be problem if the relationship gets serious, so yeah these are the two conditions that I could think of if you want for the relationship to work.

1|0
    0|0
    • How do I even initiate it?

• You could meet up with him at a nice place sit and tell him how you feel about him that's probably the best way, or you could just text him.

• Thanks a ton!

• Eh... you're putting him in an awkward position. I wouldn't go there if I were you. Let him pursue you. Just because he told you about your ex's crappy behavior doesn't mean he had feelings for you.

1|0
    0|0
    • Don't expect him to have feelings. I have not given any indication that I like him yet. My question is can I initiate it at all? I know he is single.

• Show All
    • I broke up from my ex clean only about a month back. So I think I won't do anything for another month. Then if I still feel like it I shall give it a try, WhatsApp?

• That or FB.

• Just go ahead.
    If he was that much of a friend to your ex, to clarify things for you.
    He won't give a shit about your ex.
    Just keep talking to him normally.
    And if you really wanna ruin your ex fuck his friend and send him some pics.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes