PLEASE ANSWER. Does it count if we barley talked?

I knew him years ago but we lost connect (because of him). We started back talking in August of this year (he texted me first). That is 4 months but by November, we barely talked (still texted but barley. felt like it wasn't working and he was going to pull another disappearing act). Does that count in terms of us getting to know each other. And time that we could be together because of the passing month (if we even get together)

ALSO: he never calls, only text, does that have a hidden meaning in guy language?

12