Does my guy best friend really want me to date others?

Everyone thinks we are dating but he always insist we are just friends. A couple months ago he apologized for acting like a jerk and kissed me passionately but two days later said he just wanted to be friends. He always tells me I’m beautiful and deserve a great guy. His other friends say he is very protective of me so that’s why they think we are dating. He has added me as his emergency contact on everything. He is visiting family abroad and sent me a text saying I need to get a boyfriend because his family all thinks we are dating. They have never met me and don’t have Facebook. One of our mutual friends has now shown an interest in me but I’m worried what he will think. I get so many mixed signals from him and I don’t want to waste my time if there is nothing there. This new guy is pretty cool but I don’t want to hurt the other guy IF he has strong feelings for me.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• Here's the elephant in the room... Why not leave him speechless and ask him out. And tell him then his parents can cut the dating jokes and teasing. And if anything he should be able to take pride in the fact you choose him. As well I think if he found out why you aren't dating another guy he might rethink his chances with you.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Since you’ve said it like that I believe he likes you but does not want to mess up your friendship if you reject him so that’s why he’s sending you mixed signals

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes