Guys, do you fall in love harder, and deeper than girls do?

If you’ve broken up with someone, does it make you hesitant to love again?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• For me the end of a relationship doesn't bother me.

If it happened in an extreme way then maybe. But for the most part i can come to terms with what happened and that my life will/must go on.

I haven't been in love with anyone as much as with my first love though.

0|0
    0|0
    • What age did you meet your first love?

• Show All
    • Just asking. Did you date anyone in high school? Were you in love with her?

• A little... didn't date so much but i had some female friends.

I came out of my shell at uni and i definitely hadn't been in love.

I think i was 21 by the way. Not 22.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 20

• Yes. I dated a girl 7 years ago and im not over her.

My ex dumped me a year ago. I still miss her.. we dated 2 years.

Since. I've had sex with 3 chics since the breakup.

0|0
    0|0
  • My first relationship only lasted 4 months honestly not that long and yet I could stop thinking about what I did wrong and how I missed for an entire year. So yeah I can say safely we fall in love pretty deeply.

0|0
    0|0
  • Shit... I mean there's this girl at work when I talk to her I think to myself "wow I could absolutely give you all the love in the world and not be tired of it" but no I dont really want to get heartbroken again

0|0
    0|0
  • No... we just dont know how to deal with feeling like we do when in love... so most guys clam up or shut down in a way

0|0
    0|0
  • i think men do love ahrder that we let on. (usually the first love) once it ends. for me. i dont think i want to love again. but i want to... sigh

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m not sure men fall in love harder than women do. Biologically speaking, it makes more sense for women to fall in love harder than men. Women don’t have a reproductive strategy that allows for them to get with as much mates as possible, whereas men do. Men are risk takers and almost every dominance hierarchy or mutation in the human population you see could’ve been from men’s risk taking. Men are programmed biologically to seek multiple partners to maximize their offspring, whereas women do not have a mechanism to do such a thing because women can’t remain fertile as long as men can.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've broken up twice now and it just makes me want to give up forever even though i still want a serious relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes we do. Because if a girl left from a relationship she can go for another in a little time. But we will have to take a long time to get normal

0|0
    0|0
  • Truthfully it does. Me and my ex broke up over a year ago and I haven't even tried to date since then

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah. Women care about themselves most
    Men care about themselves most

0|0
    0|0
  • It's entirely subjective, not even gonna pretend my feelings are more important than someone else's.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah!! It's even worse when you care about someone who dosent feel the same way!

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, it's scary to love someone soon after getting your hear broken

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol it takes me like 4 years between being able to find myself wanting a relationship again.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the girl and how we see the relationship going

0|0
    0|0
  • It feel to hate girls n luv both can't even feel a girl in life

0|0
    0|0
  • Usually with the first one. To love again is like finding an alternative

0|0
    0|0
    • First one you mean high school love (puppy love?) or your actual first love? What age did you first fall in love?

• Show All
    • I was 17

• & We r still in contact.

• I don't think that this is along a gender line.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the guy x

0|1
    0|0
  • The love that many guys give is self sacrifice and loyalty.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes