Do you have issues with high maintenance girls?

In my opinion, As long as the girl is paying for it herself it shouldn't matter. Also if she is still into sports and can be chill in outdoor activities then it is a great combo.
I for example, fix my nails eyebrows and all like every week.
I do mini soin for my face ( like scrubs, massages and shit), also for my body.
I wax or laser regularly. I like to use good quality products in perfume, creams, body lotions and makeup. I exercise regularly and I am careful with what I eat.
I always have hand cream, perfume, lip balm, soap, towel and some makeup in my bag. Oh also a tooth brush and toothpaste. I just like to feel clean and well put most of the time.

1|2

Most Helpful Guy

• Material high maintainance? No problem, bring it on!
    Emotional high maintainance? Not a fan of that

Since weโ€™re speaking about the former then thereโ€™s nothing wrong with it at all if she pays for it herself. I dont know why anyone would ever have an issue with that... it doesnโ€™t affect them right lol?

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I dunno gag guys are weird lol
      Def not emotional high maintenance๐Ÿ˜‚

Most Helpful Girl

• High maintenance can also be an emotional thing, not just material things.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 39

• I see what you are slowly becoming lol.. you weren't; like this a couple of years back lol

interesting...
    nono... personally ever girl I've been attracted to and pretty much dated has been girly and I guess you could say high maintenance...

it gets annoying sometime BUT it makes me feel more manly cause of the contrast... so I like it
    but maybe some guys don't

1|0
    0|0
    • I 've always took great care of myself ๐Ÿ˜‚
      But I am not girly girly

• Show All
    • im aware of that kinda... lol

what month is your birthday?

• February
      My bday is on the 15th

• Well, is a girl high maintenance if you don't have to pay anything because she does it herself?

Other than that, she can do with her money whatever she wants but if she throws it out of the window for unimportant stuff all the time, then she shouldn't come to me to pay for important things.

1|0
    0|0
    • Ey! Where is my upvote? :o

• Show All
    • How should it be an issue for anyone if it doesn't affect them because she pays everything herself?

• Well if you get with that person who he is and what he does would affect you indirectly in the end

• You sound like a great gal. But my days of buying $150 meals and more are over. Once in a while but not constantly. If you can't enjoy a meal at the local pub then were are not long for each other. Girls who have to always be at the most expensive show or been seen at the 'right place' get old real fast.

1|0
    0|0
    • Did I ever mention that in my description?
      Please don't go off topic

• Show All
    • I agree. That won't be the biggest problem.

• @Lonerguy1234 what do you mean ๐Ÿ˜
      I feel you 're somewhat bashing me dude๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ

• To me high maintenance means that she always has to be the centre of attention and has to do things her way to feel validated and always wants her boyfriend to be there even when he may be busy. I don't have time for those kinda girls. Go and check your priorities and learn to do things by yourself

However what you're describing is basically a girl that spend a lot of time doing makeup and this i don't mind that much

1|1
    0|0
    • No it s not about makeup
      I don t wear a lot.
      I just like to look good (doesn't imply a lot of makeup)

• Show All
    • Yea that s basically what I do

• Yeah then that perfectly fine

• Even if she pays for herself, I want a down to earth girl whom I can relate to on a human level. A constantly caked up person so obsessed with personal looks is about as far as one can get away from me, personality wise. Nothing relatable there.

1|0
    0|0
    • You can relate to on a human level ๐Ÿ˜‚
      What am I then an animal?
      I can understand the common grounds though.
      High maintenance doesn't have to be a caked up person, I don't wear a lot of makeup and usually don't wear foundation on a daily basis.

• I mean to say that I want someone who is freer and accepts what life has given them instead of fussing over minor details, wasting the time of their day "correcting" them. I mean basic hygiene and physical exercise is all fine and dandy and perhaps some "bettering up" for a special occasion is fine, but constantly? No thank you. I want to be with the type of girl whom I could tell to come outside with me on a walk in the park and be ready within twenty seconds - which means no makeup, nothing. Point being, you can not enjoy anything spontaneous with a high maintenance girl because by the time she gets ready, the spontaneous idea will have become old.

That and even if she supposedly supports herself and uses only her own money for her craft, on occasion she's bound to ask me to help out and I don't want to start arguments over being "cheap" because of not giving her cash to spend on that crap if it's not completely necessary

• i am broke so yes i do. simply answer. il lleave you for guys who cna affords your expensive and if you find such a guy i hope yo u can satisfy him. i kinda notice most rich guys dont make demands of the women they are with which is strange especially the high maintenance women i would make you work for every penny ;)

0|0
    2|0
    • Oh shut the fuck up with that bs would you?
      Read the description, I don't need anyone to pay for me. I am perfectly financially comfortable on my own

• Show All
    • Your answer is still irrelevant then

• oh well * shrugs*

• No I do not. Though it does depend on how they deal with sudden situations, if they just hey on with it (but hate it) if it's it's more like a tantrum then this is what could swing it for me but generally? Nope, I don't care. If that'd what makes you happy then I say go for it

1|0
    0|0
  • Even if she pays it, she might ask for money for something else because her maintenance costs are so high. It's merely delaying the problem. Personally, I prefer natural stuff in general, including women. Therefore, high maintenance costs bother me to be honest.

1|0
    0|0
    • Lol I don't need any guy
      I already have my own car house and office thanks to my parents.
      If anthng it s the guy who d need me

• Show All
    • @Streak yea ^^
      That s what my parents tell me

• You're right. Never bring up finances when dating, you can avoid those pesky gold diggers that way.

• High maintenance is often used for girls that take a lot of their boyfriend their time for trivial things, like having to drive her to all of that ๐Ÿ˜œ If she does all that by herself, do whatever you enjoy ^^

1|0
    0|0
    • Def by myself lol
      I 've never had a boyfriend and so have my own car

• Show All
    • Thanks ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

• Hehe, you can add me by the way ๐Ÿ˜œ

• High maintenance women are like high maintenance sports cars. They're lots of fun when you're out on the town together, but for every hour of showing off, there are another 10 spent on upkeep and repair behind the scenes. After hours of polishing the headlights in your garage, you might ask yourself โ€” is this really worth it, just for a couple of rides? Probably not, but that doesn't mean that you shouldn't consider dating high maintenance women.

In my opinion low maintenance girls are better. The main problem is EGO.

0|1
    1|0
  • Iโ€™ve never been with one. Never could be with one if I had wanted to, I was just too weird and unkempt lol. But now Iโ€™d like to try one out. It would be nice to date someone who is always looking yummy and tasty and smelling great.

1|0
    0|0
  • Doesnโ€™t high maintenance mean she is emotionally needy if so then I would be fine with it because Iโ€™m always there to supply her emotional need

1|0
    0|0
    • No no not that ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Oh you mean that way okay well I would probably rather be high around her then sober

• As long as she isn't a brat and pays for it I don't care if she likes to pamper herself and dress nice

1|0
    0|0
  • No. As long as "high maintenance" doesn't have "high ambitions" as a bonus.

1|0
    0|0
    • Ehh what do you mean

• Show All
    • @foreveralone22 Georgia the country (not US state).

• Usually people match on common interest and need so enough said.
      No one is gonna get hitched with someone unless they are satisfied with what the see see and get from that pereon

• high maintenance means she demands more recources (time, money, what have you) than you are willing to give and are therefore a problem by default.
    if a guy is totally fine with how she is, she is not "high maintenance" for him.

1|0
    0|0
  • I dunno, I'm sure it could get annoying on a time limit but... I can appreciate the idea of feeling clean and beautiful or however you wanna describe it. Like overtime you realize that its all worth it, like keeping a good diet.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think the important thing is her heart. Do the superficial efforts become more important than being a great woman and treating others with love and respect, or can being higher maintenance and good hearted happen together?

2|0
    0|0
  • I think most guys apply the term high maintenance when she doesn't take care of it herself and expects him to. Also you have emotionally high maintenance girls which drain the soul๐Ÿ˜ช

1|0
    1|0
  • What you described doesn't sound bad. Being poor with money would be bad if the girl couldn't afford it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope. Here is what I said about a similar question:

High maintenance doesn't necessarily mean a woman who wears high fashion or tries to look her best all the time. To me, high maintenance means she has to keep up a certain outward image of herself to such a high standard that it will start to eat at my bank account and she will put her needs infront of anyone else's. I don't mind a woman who likes to look good and take care of herself and enjoy the good stuff, but if that's what she's all about and values nothing more, than that's someone I can't bear to be around since there's no depth to her.

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 3

• Honestly many women are high maintenance but in different areas of their lives. Men only identify women who take care of themselves as high maintenance, then turn around and complain that their women don't take care of themselves. Just be yourself and be with someone who doesn't see an issue.

1|0
    0|0
  • If u see it that way everybody is high maintenance about smthg in their life for I its looks for others it might be food or books and he wouldmt mind spendinglots of money on stuff other see useless just everyone need to accept everyone's interest that's it

1|1
    0|0
  • Nope no problem, also if that's your definition, than damn I'm high maintenance as fuck lol

1|0
    0|0
    • ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
      What do you do?

• We are actually quite similar haha Also exercise daily now and taking care of good quality products and all that beauty stuff I do them more often than you tho like eyebrows and nails every second day and I also do my pedicure on my own like every third day and also with that I do a whole body lotioning thing lol
      And well my face, everyday and once a week a face mask, also like I wash my make up stuff once a week and I do take a lot of care of my teeth
      Over all also I do try to look on fleek nearly everytime haha

Recommended myTakes