My boyfriend of a year and a half barely posts about me?

I post pictures of my boyfriend and I on Instagram every month or other but he rarely posts about me, ever. For instance, we went to Pittsburgh one night and he posted a picture of himself in a sporting goods store. I posted a picture of us on Christmas and he didn’t. On twitter he deleted all of his tweets and responses to everyone else’s tweets, including mine, and his profile pic is him and his friend and his twitter backdrop is some TV show. He’s had an insta since February and posted with me twice (mainly bc I got mad that he never did) all of his other pictures are him. I don’t know how to bring it up to him without sounding weird but I can’t help but feel like he doesn’t truly want to show me off. He never posts Snapchat stories of us or just me either, but he’ll post with other people. Again, we went to an indoor botanical garden and I posted a pic of us on my story and he posted a pic of a tree. Do you think this is worth mentioning?
Updates:
Everyone is taking this question the wrong way. All I want is to be shown off once in a while. I’ve never even met his friends and I would just like to be seen as his girlfriend which rarely happens

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Ah social media. Ruining relationships by preying on women's insecurities and need for validation, attention, and to be seen or shown off. What a sad, sad world we live in.

5|2
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Nice "poem" man. I second this.
      Now if you look like gandalf you'd appear like a wise old man 😎

Most Helpful Girl

• Why does he need to post? I just don't get it. If you like posting stuff, then do it, but he is in no way obligated to post stuff about you.

I only post about myself. It's my social media, not OUR social media. Everyone knows I'm dating my boyfriend, I don't need to validate it by posting stuff about him. I think you are overreacting by getting mad about that. He wants to keep his social media feeds a certain way and that's fine.

4|3
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 18

• No. It doesn't matter. Source: Technology bullshit is just that-- bullshit. Twenty years ago and back to the beginning of civilization, people have still had substantive relationships and didn't fret about this crap, because it didn't exist. And yet people were happy as clams the whole time.

Do you like him? Does he like you? Okay then.

3|1
    0|0
  • I protect my personal relationships to a fault when it comes to other people. I make vague references when someone asks about my love life. I never use my girlfriend's name when prompted. I definitely don't post pictures of her, me or us together online. In short I don't give anyone anything to discuss behind our backs. Private lives are best left private.

1|1
    0|0
  • Take it as a blessing. He is not trying to show you off, or trying to solicit you out to his friends... Relationships are personal. If he started showing you off, and telling how much of 'good lay' you are, other guys are going to getting ideas... Really bad ideas.

1|1
    1|1
    • What do you mean by "ideas"?

• Show All
    • @Anon-ymous1 Well, that's your opinion. However, that is not going to change my opinion, nor is the person that posted this question, obligated to take my advice. Have a wonderful day.

• Does he show you attention, love and affection when y'all are with one another? Putting on social media every day or week, month shouldn't matter. Dont buy into the social media bs. Its going to do nothing but destroy what you got.

1|0
    0|0
  • Posting stuff on the internet doesn't show your love for one another, if you have a happily relationship in real life what does it matter if he posts online. Social media is a snapshot in to peoples lives and it is mostly staged. By all means if it bothers you talk to him but don't get angry about it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Look, some guys like my self don't like to post too many pictures in general, I update my profile pic like 1
    Maybe 2 times a year, there's no urge to change it or post about it, I feel it's the same manner here

0|0
    0|0
  • Relationships are personal things. Not meant to be published publicly

3|2
    0|0
  • It is not worth mentioning in the slightest. It's absolutely your own issue and means nothing. Maybe try talking to him, in person, rather than worry about what he posts on social media.

1|0
    0|0
  • In my 20's I went with a girl for a while that flipped her shit because I wouldn't talk about her or advertise the fact that I was with her. I did all that for our privacy , just the way you don't put personal information on line. She was actually pretty shallow and narcissistic , she wanted to be fussed over publicly , be some kind of celebrity etc. It didn't last long and I learned never bother with another prima donna that want's her personal life to be front page news. Their nothing but goddamned trouble. People with any brains at all know to keep their private life locked down tight.

0|1
    0|0
  • Don’t worry about the post, the question is how is he treating you?

2|0
    0|0
  • Boys usually take less selfies and I hope he doesn't stop you from taking pics... So chill, it's not a big issue

0|0
    0|0
  • You know, adults don't judge their SO's love by what they post on social media...

0|0
    0|0
  • My question is why do you feel the need for him to post of you?

0|0
    0|0
  • talk to him about it. you are in a relationship afterall

0|0
    0|0
  • I barely post anything about me or anybody on social media. doesn't mean anything

0|0
    0|0
  • he's a private person. Not an instahoe

3|0
    0|0
  • Women and their narcissistic need to be validated by social media never ceases to make me cringe. I want you to try this. Make yourself talk how little baby girls talk, and then read out loud what you just wrote...

0|2
    0|0
  • He's ashamed of you it seems.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 10

• You're just one of those people who seek validation through posting your relationship all over social media and he isn't. This is a you issue, not a him issue. You two could break up tomorrow and all those pictures would be just another chore to be deleted. It's HIS social media account if he doesn't use it to showcase his relationship that's his preference.

0|0
    0|0
    • The friend part is pretty ridiculous you should talk to him about that.

• Why are you so obsessed with showing off to everyone? Why does it matter so much? You have deeper issues if this is a problem. If he's great in all other aspects then you need to do some soul searching because this isn't something worth ruining your relationship over and it's really toxic for you to push him to constantly post about you. Your relationship is between the two of you, not the rest of the world.

0|0
    0|0
    • If you've never met his friends that's more of an issue that the social media shit. How long have you been dating?

• My boyfriend never posts about me on social media except for on like birthdays or maybe Valentine's day... He just doesn't post a lot in general. I don't care though... It doesn't mean he loves me any less, it just isn't his thing

0|0
    0|0
  • i honestly don't know when I did with my ex he stated he didn't want to because he didn't want to but he also was in boxing other females and cheating on me behind my back so he didn't want to ruin his chances with other females.

0|0
    0|0
  • Eh not really.
    Guys don't really care about social media as much as girls do on average.
    Unless he's being unusually secretive, there's nothing to worry about in my opinion.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some people are just more private about their love life.

0|0
    0|0
  • My boyfriend never posts me. Irritated me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Guys don't do that like girls do.

0|0
    0|0
  • Get over it

0|0
    0|0
  • Should he wears boyfriend's tag too? To show the world he's yours?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes