How do men date needy, dependent women?

I have a friend that I really like, but for her age she seems to not be capable of much. It's annoying because everything she does is clumsy and slow, her personality is boring but she's nice. She takes a long time to get out of the bathroom, and when she does something I'd always wrong. She has some problem, or it just seems quiet and creepy because you're wondering what could be taking her so long. One time she was suppose to microwave the food, I made the food and all she had to do was that, I ended up having to go in there because she couldn't finish that task. She told me that her family complains about her inability to do many things, but I can see why. It really annoys me because she's still in the bathroom cleaning up some spill and considering I have towels and rags around, cleaned my bathroom spotless yesterday. I'm unhappy with the mess she might have created and is trying to clean up. What's funny is men go for these women, then turn around and say we're all the same. Not every woman is like her, but the few like her I've met are enabled by men, I think they find her childish ways attractive, I don't think kids should be raising kids, just a thought.
Updates:
Funny enough I'm told I am jealous of someone whose life I'd never want and could never attract the men I do, also would need to trap them with some game to get a ring while I was actually asked. She wasted my food, which I prepared nicely, she used to love getting second and just came back throwing it in the garbage in front of me, and I'm the one that's jealous. She also goes around turning on my lights even when I asked her to stop doing it.
When I pass the bathroom she's shuffling as if she was doing something she shouldn't be doing. Women like these often come around try to be my friend and then try to ruin my life. if they were so happy being who they were they wouldn't be jealous, I'm gonna check to see if she turned any other lights on and left it, she's trying to run my bills up smh.

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• You sound bitter and jealous. But i prefer a smart girl. Though smart girls come with problems of their own

2|5
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I can't be bitter and jealous when I'm prettier and have turned down proposals.

She's never had a proposal, just had guys doing stuff for her, then it ends.

I feel bad for her and kinda worried this might affect me in some way being friends with her.

• Show All
    • Okay Johnboy, I stay away from men like you.

• Good little troll

Most Helpful Girl

• I hope you realize that she is a woman just like you and I and therefore of course you're going to get annoyed of it because you're talking about another woman. To be honest with you I think you're acting a bit too jealous of her because she's different than you. Isn't she not supposed to be your friend why would you talk about her badly that way? She does have a personality but if she's so boring to you then why are you friends with her? She's going to track somebody who has a similar personality as her and that's perfectly okay. So what if she's clumsy or acts childish sometimes that's just who she is. I doubt she's actually needy I believe what it is is that she's more emotionally outward and you're just not. Men love that kind of personality trait anyway unless they looking for something different. But the reason why they say every woman is the Same by that double standard is because of how we women respond and react to them. Therefore we all at the same way depending on those reasons. If things don't go our way what do we do we get upset, we gossip about them behind their backs, and belittle them. And if some of us don't do it now we all have least done it once. And as of one myself I can admit that.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • As a woman myself*

• Show All
    • Then stay by yourself! Stop complaining about men if you hate them so much. Keep your misery elsewhere.

• Trust me I stay by myself, been doing so since age 26 but men won't fuck off and stop hitting on me, because of how I look.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 27

• Sound's a nice girls to dare. We work different from you women who despite say to everyone "im independent" needs a strong male commanding you.

We are the opposite, we have a protective instinct, and if this friend of yours is beautiful she can get more men than a stupid woman who thinks she knows everything and is better than everyone else.

0|0
    1|0
    • Lmfao this is why you men get divorce raped, dating women who can't help themselves and don't expect them to take your shit when you're tired of them, and try to move on.

• You are a "Asker" who don't have guts to show who you are, and negative anyone who has an opinion different from the BULLSHIT you wrote. LoL

You'd better take care of your own life instead of paying attention to the behavior of others. Even more of a "friend". I feel sorry for this woman who has a friend like you...

• I feel sorry for the little girls everyone lie to about men, who will grow up confused and unhappy.

Don't feel sorry for me, I'm pretty, healthy, smart and independent. Also she loves my company for the same reasons.
      This is what I'll tell my future daughter, a conversation I have with a man who thinks I should be ashamed of being phenomenal.

• I prefer a woman who is dependant. More control for me

1|3
    2|0
    • A downvote from me to you, Happy New year when it comes.

• That sounds like an absolute living hell. No guy with any kind of self respect with deal with a grown child like that, at least, not for long. And if they do, they probably have problems of their own like a savior complex

1|0
    0|0
  • I've never dated someone like that. I don't know anyone who has. I don't think I've even known someone like that, at least not someone without a known developmental disability. Those people aren't magnets for romance and love either. I can't relate to your scenario, and I'm kind of leaning toward hyperbole or straight up BS.

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm swear I'm not making this up, she's nice though.

• I have dated someone kinda like thinks, it can be very frustrating but I think you have to look at there past and what they have been through in my opinion all you can do is show them different ways of doing things give them guidance and be very patience, loving, caring and a big one encouragement.
    The person has to realise there own issue and work on them themselves

0|0
    0|0
  • It seems like there's a bit in here on why men prefer girls with no brains over high intelligence, and I believe the answear is, smart women are harder to trick into bed.

As for Needy girls I think most guys would get turned off by someone that's too needy. There are some guys who prefer this type of the women because it fulfill the part of this life where he doesn't feel needed and this type of women makes them feel like they need and depend on you to do these things.

0|0
    0|0
  • Simply put, some men like feeling wanted and needed by their woman! :)

3|0
    1|0
  • I can see some men dating a girl like this but the quirks will run its course and she'll become a nuisance.

You're so useless, you're unattractive. Make of that as you will.

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as she is nice, honest and loyal she might as well be the biggest, most useless moron there is.
    I don't choose partners on the basis of how much practical value they can provide me with.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some women who come off as needy may have some disabilities while others are just lazy. I can work with disabilities to a point but laziness will run its course quite quickly.

0|0
    0|0
  • some people like a people who are needy or dependent on them. it makes them feel useful, needed.

0|0
    0|0
  • The same things that annoy you would annoy a boyfriend as well.

0|0
    0|0
  • No seriously though, you sound pretty selfish here, apparently you don't really care about her n all u care about is how she would affect ur reputation and that ur much better than her.
    If you really feel that way, you'd better just leave her on her own cuz you'll just hurt her even more like this. if not, you should talk her through it, support her, and convince her that she should be independant and like this, men will just keep using her and she will be even more sad and depressed, talk to her through it if you are TRULY her friend, best of luck! ^^

1|1
    0|0
  • I used to date wounded ducks, some. en grow out of it, some don't.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't date needy women.
    for the guys that do, my guess would be insecurity

1|0
    0|0
  • i thought it was mens childisj charms that get the girls not the other way around! D;

0|0
    0|0
  • All I can do is *SMH...

0|0
    0|0
  • Well looks like I found my female counterpart

0|0
    0|0
    • You're 27, not the same thing. When I was a teen I was still finding myself and developing life skills, I was far from the person I am today, give yourself time.

• I mean you're 17, sorry.

• From what it sounds like, this would annoy me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't, simple

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 5

• I guess it's because they feel needed, but then realized it's just way too much. They might also have the same syndrome women have - they think they can change her.

1|0
    0|0
    • to be fair, who could even stand such a woman?

• Show All
    • Please, would you message me? My ex-crush is so damn much like that girl.

• You can check on her just make a joke about it. Like Diana don't tell you fell in the toilet again! D: I'm gonna call the fireman or something lol. There is nothing wrong with being a caring person. its never creepy to be caring.

• i think it makes them feel needed, helpful, powerful

1|0
    0|0
    • So they recruit an incompetent mother for his children?, an anchor?, someone who is just as much a burden as a two year old? These things never end well, and that is why I am so confused, Men will see their mother act this way, experience difficulties because of it and still end up marrying or dating someone who is the same.

• I shower for 30-45 minutes and anything shorter than that I'll feel dirty. Also why are you talking about your friend this way guys find her attractive ever woman should think that her friend is amazing and deserves a man that treats her well so what's wrong if they find her attractive. Probably she's lazy and pretends like she doesn't know how to do it.

0|0
    0|0
    • I shower for long too, she's creepily quiet in there and goes there frequently. It's not the running water, its wondering if she fell into the toilet or passed out, it's just weird.

Then I usually find that she has some problem she needs help with, that most adults should know how to fix.

Also there's a lot wrong with being lazy, please don't have children, and find a man who don't also.

• I'm lazy but it depends like going to the store to buy something to eat and when I'm down I don't feel like doing anything but sometimes you have to because you just have to, and I want to have children some day and maybe she has problems mentally

• If she irritates you so much, Why is she living in your house

0|0
    0|0
  • Men go for her because she has a vagina. It's really that simple. They go for you too I'm sure.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes