Why are teenage guys so hard to talk to?

Like I’ll be in a conversation and it will feel one sided and I’ve gotten people to open up before but for the most part the conversation really feels dead like I️ have to put in most of the work. Like I️ can’t tell if it’s because of me or them

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I dunno what you say to them but its probably them. They are really shy and don't want to say anything dumb to look stupid. So they think its better if I don't say much. They try really hard to think of something interesting but their mind goes blank. I had guy friends that do that to me too. I am the cool guy in the group so they always do whatever I say.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 19

• People are not as good with spontaneous conversations as think we are. I would recommend getting a book of questions and handing it to the person you want to talk with. I do this all the time and people love going back and forth with the questions out of the book. I have amazing conversations I would never have had with out the guiding hand of topics in this book.

0|0
    0|0
  • Coz they just discovered they got a working dick and hormones , we all have been there , and focus in your education at this age rather than finding boys because even if you found a boy it won't last more than 4 months and it will just leave you miserable

0|0
    0|0
  • 16yr old boys tend to be on a different page to 16yr old girls but neither are guilty of being more difficult than the other. try again but if you get nowhere then you need to just accept it and move on

0|0
    0|0
  • most teenagers have the mindset of trying to impress girls all the time, so they're just over thinking while having the convo about what should they say or do, which prevents them from expressing their thoughts freely and makes the convo dead.

0|0
    0|0
  • Short answer, they are idiots

Long answer, everyone TELLS them they are idiots, and therefore they shy away and try to avoid letting others so they don't risk letting others find out if that is true or not

0|0
    0|0
  • We're not that hard to talk to. If I trust someone, I talk to them a lot, and not just about factual things like what classes I'm taking, what video games I like, etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because we are shy around girls and worry we'll say something weird and look domb.

0|0
    0|0
  • Guys at your age are primarily focused on one thing. Blood flows there and there's none left for the brain.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, I was a good convo partner back then so I don't know. But it is generally hard to find a person who can hold a convo up.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hey don't generalize us, I make good and funny conversation and other teen guys I know has it too.

0|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes