Is it fine if i've never had a boyfriend before?

Im 23, what would you think of a pretty girl that never dated? Would you be interested?

Sometimes I feel that the fact that i've never had a boyfriend affects too much my confidence, and I'm more insecure as time passes by...

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course it is fine.

Your confidence should remain untouched. You should not be insecure. There is nothing wrong with not having a boyfriend. The fact is; you are carrying the burden of expectations that you receive. That is the core of your emotional imbalances.

Ask these questions from yourself;

-Is having a boyfriend a necessity of quality life?
    -Is establishing a relationship in a very young age a necessity?
    -Is establishing a relationship and looking after it would even improve my life?

And finally; Is this really what you need in life; or is this what people find it as a social norm and expect others to fill the crowd and wear the same color and pursuit the same activities and follow the same desires and set the same goal?

The answer is; it's society's expectations which you are not obligated to follow. Just because society thinks the normal way of living is as soon as a girl hits puberty; they must pick up a glue and stick themselves to the opposite gender; have lots of drama; sex talk; sexting; partying; hanging around with bunch of boys; change multiple boyfriends through a certain age and probably even gain sexual relationship with multiple partners, That does not mean you must exactly follow the same footsteps as the rest of the world.

You are a free human being. The true sense of freedom is to be allowed to choose your path. And you already did. You decided that priority is not sticking to the opposite gender and dealing with it's drama. You laid your priorities somewhere else. That is perfectly normal and totally fine. Everyone are different.

So my advise to you would be; never listen to the expectations you receive. Set your goals according to your values and principles. Follow your desires endlessly and confidentially and never care what others think about your decisions. This life is yours not others. So you live it as you desire. And there is no law that a girl must have a boyfriend before the age of 23 or soon after. Never imprison yourself in other's opinions and never allow social norms rule your life. Rule and rock your own world and build it as you wish.

The advantages you have had so far:
    -No broken heart
    -No drama
    -No risk of std's
    -No waste of time due infatuation

Instead; you spent your time on priorities that you valued the most. This is great. You should keep working and living through this path; your journey; soon or late; you'll meet the right person in the right time in the right place.

Good Luck.

1|0
    0|0
    • wow, thank you so much!! Its true, I feel the pressure of the society because being different is sometimes a little hard. Not following what everyone does is weird. Each time I care less.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sameee but I don’t care. I’m totally content with it.

1|1
    0|0
    • Thank you!! Sometimes I feel good but sometimes I feel weird, because all my friends have dated... Now I see I'm not the only one...

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 19

• Hey it's more than fine... don't be a sheep in a flock and (don't) do what the world expects you to do, it's your life, your decision and you should be proud of it.

1|1
    0|0
  • I'm also 23. I have never dated any girl. And yeah sometimes I feel like alone and I lose my confidence. So it's completely normal.
    If you want to get into a relationship then go find a good guy it's never too late or rather wait for a good guy to enter in your life.

1|0
    0|0
  • I was the first boyfriend to my ex. In my opinion it's one of the best feelings to help and teach someone about life and about relationships, you get to help them and show them how everything goes. If someone is interested in you they won't care about the fact that you never had a boyfriend before.

1|0
    0|0
  • i wouldn't mind a girl who's never dated. Id just assume she had other priorities in her life.

1|1
    0|0
    • Thanks!! I actually did, dating was never a priority for me, I was focused in traveling, in studying, etc. But soemtimes my family and friends tell me i'm growing up and that why haven't I been dating like everyone...

• I'd be very interested, more so than with a girl who has.

If it affects your confidence (which it shouldn't, dont feel pressured by other people) then talk to someone :)

1|1
    0|0
  • Never dated by choice and it's something we should appreciate. She might be having some priorities over dating someone. Don't regret and you can find a good person anytime you want.
    I'd be interested. PM if you would like to talk.

1|0
    0|0
  • Why wouldn't I be interested? There's nothing bad about someone new to dating. Experience doesn't mean anything, it just means you have stories to share

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd be interested. Never know what the future holds.

1|1
    0|0
  • u nvr had a relation, that means you are far far away frm many senseless talks and sleepless nights. congratulations😊

1|0
    0|0
  • I would be curious why not, but that would be cool either way :)

1|0
    0|0
  • Who cares if you've dated anyone would be luck to have u😊😊

1|1
    0|0
  • I don't care about if you've never had a boyfriend, in fact, you're probably more attractive the fact you haven't been with anyone

0|0
    0|0
  • I never had a girlfriend until I was 23 myself and was still a virgin

1|0
    0|0
  • It's perfectly fine to have not dated. If I were to meet someone that was 23 and had not dated before, I would be curious as to why they haven't.

0|0
    0|0
  • i would but would she? is the main question. how smart is she?

0|0
    0|0
  • On the same page of the book as you!

1|0
    0|0
  • You're fine.

0|0
    0|0
  • Times a' wastin

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, it's fine.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes