Is it fine if i've never had a boyfriend before?

Im 23, what would you think of a pretty girl that never dated? Would you be interested?

Sometimes I feel that the fact that i've never had a boyfriend affects too much my confidence, and I'm more insecure as time passes by...

120

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course it is fine.

Your confidence should remain untouched. You should not be insecure. There is nothing wrong with not having a boyfriend. The fact is; you are carrying the burden of expectations that you receive. That is the core of your emotional imbalances.

Ask these questions from yourself;

-Is having a boyfriend a necessity of quality life?
    -Is establishing a relationship in a very young age a necessity?
    -Is establishing a relationship and looking after it would even improve my life?

And finally; Is this really what you need in life; or is this what people find it as a social norm and expect others to fill the crowd and wear the same color and pursuit the same activities and follow the same desires and set the same goal?

The answer is; it's society's expectations which you are not obligated to follow. Just because society thinks the normal way of living is as soon as a girl hits puberty; they must pick up a glue and stick themselves to the opposite gender; have lots of drama; sex talk; sexting; partying; hanging around with bunch of boys; change multiple boyfriends through a certain age and probably even gain sexual relationship with multiple partners, That does not mean you must exactly follow the same footsteps as the rest of the world.

You are a free human being. The true sense of freedom is to be allowed to choose your path. And you already did. You decided that priority is not sticking to the opposite gender and dealing with it's drama. You laid your priorities somewhere else. That is perfectly normal and totally fine. Everyone are different.

So my advise to you would be; never listen to the expectations you receive. Set your goals according to your values and principles. Follow your desires endlessly and confidentially and never care what others think about your decisions. This life is yours not others. So you live it as you desire. And there is no law that a girl must have a boyfriend before the age of 23 or soon after. Never imprison yourself in other's opinions and never allow social norms rule your life. Rule and rock your own world and build it as you wish.

The advantages you have had so far:
    -No broken heart
    -No drama
    -No risk of std's
    -No waste of time due infatuation

Instead; you spent your time on priorities that you valued the most. This is great. You should keep working and living through this path; your journey; soon or late; you'll meet the right person in the right time in the right place.

Good Luck.

• wow, thank you so much!! Its true, I feel the pressure of the society because being different is sometimes a little hard. Not following what everyone does is weird. Each time I care less.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sameee but I don’t care. I’m totally content with it.

• Thank you!! Sometimes I feel good but sometimes I feel weird, because all my friends have dated... Now I see I'm not the only one...