Can you become attracted to someone who you weren't at first attracted to?

A guy started talking to me who at first I really wasn't attracted to. However after texting him more and meeting him alone a few times I'm starting to change my mind. I'm starting to look past the things I didn't like about him before and I really enjoy talking to him. If attraction develops like this is it really only their attention you're attracted to or can you become attracted after getting to know someone more?

1322

Most Helpful Guy

• I used to strongly dislike a girl I know. She's sassy, thinks she's always right, and not too bright either. The idea of me and her was repulsive to me, but now I can't stop thinking about her.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • That's soo cute

• I don't think anything will come of it, but things have changed over time. She wants me to invite her over when I make spaghetti. Had she said that a year ago, I would have laughed. She used to anger me, a lot.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes you can. At the risk of sounding old age, I’m not sure at your age.

Let me explain.

My first love was a whirlwind, as they typically are. I went through a ridiculous amount of shit and by the time I met my now boyfriend I didn’t know which way was up. I convinced myself I felt nothing. When we went separate ways, I realised it wasn’t true.

My boyfriend sort of ticks the boxes, and that’s why I grew to love him. I dated someone before who ticked the boxes and it was awful. Most people’s first loves don’t last because they are unrealistic. And for that reason I think you need that first unrealistic love to really appreciate the next.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE