Why is it generally seen as creepy when a guy who isn't attractive makes a move?

Like he could do literally the exact same thing as an attractive guy yet be treated horribly

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think it's creepy, just something i'm not interested in. Creepy is distinct behaviour, regardless of how attractive the person is.

0|0
    0|0
    • It's not though. On dating apps A hot guys first sentence could be "want to have sex?" And a lot of girls would say yes or basically do the whole "maybe, but chase me first" routine. While an unattractive guy would get made fun of or blocked

• Yes but "want to have sex" isn't all that creepy. I really think it does depend on the girl, because for some that line would freak them out and for others they might entertain it. It also depends on how the guy looks, not attractiveness, but if the guy looks fun and jovial they'll take it as a joke, for guys who look a bit more, intense, it's kind of threatening. For example -

Guy A
      i.dailymail.co.uk/.../...F00000578-707_634x490.jpg
      "Wanna have sex"

Guy B
      i0.kym-cdn.com/.../Screenshot_205.png
      "Wanna have sex"

It's an entirely different statement depending on the context.

Again, there is a certain attractiveness element to it, but guys act in the same way. They let hot girls do what they want to ignore/bully the unattractive ones. The creepy factor arises since unlike men, women have to actually be really cautious when online dating so they don't get raped and/or murdered.

Most Helpful Guy

• A lot of women are entitled divas who feel they can parade around exposing as much as possible for sexual attention but have a right to shame and attack males for taking an interest when it's someone they don't like.

0|0
    1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• No. Unless you approach them in an uncomfortable way, attractive dudes can be creeps too.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its hard to say but exactly THAT is the reason. Although I dont think picking someone you like is about the look of the person. But its like a fat person and a skinny person. If a skinny person can wear a tanktop and look good, doesn't mean a fat girl can wear that too. Not bcs she is ugly blabla but just because her figure is not the same. The same think with attractive guy and non attractive guy. If an attractive guy makes a smooth move its like oh wooww he likes me? If a non attractive guys does the same its like eewhh he likes me?
    Its like a donkey feeling like a horse, just talk to a girl on a normal way and she wouldn't matter how you look if she likes your personality. But dont act like your alll flawless and act like that when you're talking. (I dont like the smooth talks at all, but can appreciate it a little bit more when an attractive guy does)

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• Because he is looked down on and generally bullied. This is just another thing to bulky him about

0|0
    0|0
  • creepy is an unwanted advance.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes