Age gap yes or no?

Do you think an age gap is ok and how many years? Or not?

714

Most Helpful Guy

• Age gap is hardly ever the issue. It's the age of both individuals. I think a 20 year old and a 30 year old isn't exactly ideal, but there isn't an issue between a 35 and 45 year old. It has to do with being mentally developed. People 18-21 shouldn't date outside that age range. Everyone younger isn't that developed and everyone older is too developed for them.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on the context in my opinion. When you're like... high school college I think gaps above 5 years are really pushing it and I think the ideal would be a 1-2 year gap at most.

Because a 23 year old and an 18 year old are in two totally different places from a mental development standpoint. But like, a 16 year old and an 18 year old are both in high school that's not that weird (and there's actually laws in place so that relationships where one is over 18 and the other is just a year under 18 doesn't fall under pedophilia so they wouldn't have to worry about getting criminal charges or some such nonsense)

Once you get out of college I think it stops mattering so much. Your brain's fully developed so then something like a 10-15 year gap isn't as big a deal. Like a 40 & 50 year old dating is fine they're full grown.

Like a 15 year old and say... a 30 year old though? Bad. No way around it.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE