Age gap yes or no?

Do you think an age gap is ok and how many years? Or not?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Age gap is hardly ever the issue. It's the age of both individuals. I think a 20 year old and a 30 year old isn't exactly ideal, but there isn't an issue between a 35 and 45 year old. It has to do with being mentally developed. People 18-21 shouldn't date outside that age range. Everyone younger isn't that developed and everyone older is too developed for them.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on the context in my opinion. When you're like... high school college I think gaps above 5 years are really pushing it and I think the ideal would be a 1-2 year gap at most.

Because a 23 year old and an 18 year old are in two totally different places from a mental development standpoint. But like, a 16 year old and an 18 year old are both in high school that's not that weird (and there's actually laws in place so that relationships where one is over 18 and the other is just a year under 18 doesn't fall under pedophilia so they wouldn't have to worry about getting criminal charges or some such nonsense)

Once you get out of college I think it stops mattering so much. Your brain's fully developed so then something like a 10-15 year gap isn't as big a deal. Like a 40 & 50 year old dating is fine they're full grown.

Like a 15 year old and say... a 30 year old though? Bad. No way around it.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 13

• Gaps of any distances are fine as long as;
    - The relationship doesn't create an instance of paedophillia. It's a no-go. End of.
    - Mental maturity is matched well enough. This isn't as serious, but I'm sure you've heard from some that age is 'just a number'. Some people are mentally less mature than others, and in a serious relationship, the level of maturity can be an issue.

0|0
    0|0
  • Age doesn't bother me one bit. But I will say that a relationship between a 15 and 22 year old is much more difficult to maintain than a 25 and 32 year old. Teenagers dating adults 5+ years older than them usually won't work out but if you both like each other its worth a shot

0|0
    0|0
  • Uh. After age of consent go for it but before... Not more then a few years

0|0
    0|0
  • any age gap is fine as long as you ar over the legal age

0|1
    0|0
    • Boy, you and the guy that said less than 30 years said it. I like the old half my age plus 7... minus whatever number it takes to make her 18 or 19. 20 if I'm feeling the cougar vibe.

• @Immortal_God_King if you want a rule thats fine but if i make it to 70 i will still be lusting after 18yr olds

• Shit, I won't just be lusting, I'll still be renting.

• Age gap IS okay. The amount of years? Hmmmm.. maybe 2-3 years

0|0
    0|0
  • If your in your teens no. If your in your 20s or 30s it doesn't really matter

0|0
    0|0
  • An age gap is more than ok if all parties involved (if more that two) are OK with it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Age is only a number

1|0
    1|0
  • Age gap is ok,

0|0
    0|0
  • Anything over 5 years too much

0|0
    0|0
  • 5-6 year its ok

0|0
    0|0
  • Age gap is weird if it is more than 5 or 6 years

0|0
    0|0
  • less than 30 years is fine.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• For a 14 year old or a minor? Like a year or two difference.

For 18+: anything as long as the partner in question isn’t a minor.

1|0
    0|0
  • Age doesn’t matter but if you have a big gap not all people will accept it but you can’t help who you fall in love with I speak of experience

1|0
    0|0
  • Not for you. But for consenting adults it's fine

0|0
    0|0
  • at your age no

1|0
    0|0
  • At least up to twenty years.

0|0
    0|0
  • At 14, no more than two years.