Guys, he's text flirting with other girls?

So I caught my boyfriend texting other women. I snooped through his phone. He said he was just flirting with them. He didn't sound like he thought what he was doing was wrong at all. Then he said nothing good came from what I did and now I'm not happy. But he said it as if only I was wrong.

Yes, snooping was a bad idea. But does that mean what he was doing was okay? Shouldn't he still apologize and acknowledge what he did was wrong?

21

Most Helpful Guy

• If it has reached the point of snooping AND finding out he's texting other girls then there's a fork in the road.

You need to set the record straight and sit down with him, tell him you're serious and say that you're no way anywhere near happy with his behaviour.

You need to tell him you feel uncomfortable with it and he needs to stop. You found out about it as you were curious and maybe suspicious... you're not an idiot.

If he projects the problem back onto you then perhaps you need to find someone else or be single for a while. As you might end up that way anyway if he decided to follow through with anything (been there and got walked over and cheated on... don't believe the lies. Be YOUR own person. Own it)

• I understand his anger. It is a breach of trust on my part. But that's all he's making this about. Nothing about what I found or did. He's just defending himself by saying how much he does for me or likes me. That's it

• He doesn't appear to be listening regardless. Yes you probably shouldn't have snooped and can understand that he might be naturally angry about that. Though even still he should recognise that he is still at fault too and should respect that.

He basically doesn't know how to handle the situation or what to say to you So he's using what you've done as leverage to cover up the original problem.

You need to take the reigns. Apologise for what you did but underline that you're hurt by him talking to other girls. Potentially tease breaking up... that should work.

• Thank you!! I completely agree that THAT should have been his reaction - recognizing what he did too was wrong. But instead he is using the situation as leverage to make it all about what I did wrong.

We're on a break right now. But even this break to him was ALL my fault. What I brought it on us Brevard I looked through his phone.