How do I portray to guys that I am wife material without coming across as just one of the guys?

I am a huge sports fan. I am the kind of girl who is willing to stay in watching the game and drinking beer; but is also willing to get dressed up in a dress and heels and go out on the town. I want to be a sports agent and I am currently in university.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It's great and totally cool that you love sports and want to be a sports agent. But just remember to cultivate your feminine, maternal side (which I'm sure you do) so that you'll be seen by guys as a possible future wife and mother. For example, I'm sure most of the sidelines sports babes you see on football telecasts have husbands and probably children. I'm sure when they're not analyzing pass routes and interviewing football players about that great touchdown catch they have a very maternal, feminine side to them.

1|0
    0|1
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• What is your age?
    Some people do want to get married soon. A guy will like you for who you are regardless of the fact that you like watching games, drinking beer and also are feminine... :)
    What exactly do you mean by wife material?

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I am 19.

• Show All
    • Are you Asian?

• I don’t want to get married yet. I’m just trying to get across that I’m not only one of the guys but I can also be datable.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 20

• I don't think you should "portray" anything. I think you should be you and the right guy will love you for that. And personally from what you described I think the way you are is going to look more like "wife material" than someone who's out clubbing all the time and hanging out of her dress and trying to attract guys purely based on sex. You sound like a well rounded person with varying interests and skills and I'm pretty sure the right guy will find that very appealing.

1|0
    0|1
  • The key to marketing yourself as wife material is going to lie in your ability to prepare for game night. I would think at least... If I am an avid sports fan, and so is my girlfriend, I am going to want her to be able to make great game day food. Maybe even plan a party really well. I have this belief that everybody, every girl especially, ought to be able to make anywhere from 3-6 things REALLY WELL.

1|1
    0|0
  • I wouldn’t worry about anyone’s ability to see you as “wife material” because you know you are, and that is good enough right? That’s for you to know and for guys to discover. That is the attitude that will best serve you

0|0
    0|0
  • The things you said is not a wife material thing. A wife material thing is how you love him, how you care about him, how much you teach him, how you always stays calm even after he is shouting on you , and there are many more.

1|0
    0|0
  • Really don't see how liking sports and beer makes you wifey material. It just increases your chances that you have similar interests with most guys. Wifey material is more about the personality traits of a person.

1|1
    0|0
  • To me, a girl who is "Just one of the guys" is not wife material like not at all. I want a feminine girl

1|3
    0|0
  • Those are 2 very different roles in my life, so I don't think you'll have any problems with guys mixing up your intent. Unless your intent in marriage is to be completely platonic, or nonsexual.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would say to just do all the traditional wife stuff cooking cleaning taking care of your man that way he understands that you have the ability to be the wife, but at the same time you can hang out with him

1|0
    0|1
  • To the guys who WANT a wife, *almost* every girl is wife material. To the guys who DON'T want a wife, none of them are.

1|1
    0|0
  • I don't know on which part of the globe u live in buy usually in Asian countries wife material means someone who can be a good mother, keep the home peaceful yet charming & last but not least is that she behaves properly to her in law's.

0|0
    0|0
  • Like @Justacatlady said, those are just things you like to do. How do you usually act on a day to day basis

1|0
    0|0
  • ... No guy is looking at any girl and thinking "is she wife material." Like... ever. We are thinking "Is she cool," "Is she hot," "Is she good in bed," "What does she look like naked."

If a guy, after years of relationship, wants to wife you up, that's because he's decided that he loves you and wants you that way. But just be yourself and someone may decide that. Those things you mentioned are nice, but trust me... guys do not want serious long-term commitment right off the bat. Ever. Sure there are a few exceptions out there but almost none of us think that way.

1|1
    0|0
  • the right guy will know, and of course, you have to drop some hints

1|0
    0|0
  • Those aren't wife material traits.

Wife material is usually multitasking, excellent management skills, good grasp of family finance, excellent organization skills, great understanding of resource allocation and the absolute authority to make people work.

Just think about it. You're a wife. You have one big kid (husband) and 1-2 smaller kids (boys) and maybe a helper (a good girl) to keep your house in decent shape as your workers. You can try to do everything on your own or force the big kid to help out and make the smaller kids to assist. Then you train your little helper into something resembling an assistant manager while you review your accountings.

0|1
    0|2
    • Fuck me, do you live in the 1950's? Absolute drivel.

• Show All
    • @Ayer93

Right right. You are so smart you got it right. Maybe you do that.

Empty airhead without a strain of logic, offered no information and only desperate circular reasoning. Good day to you I guess.

• @Ayer93

Most men when looking for a wife also look for qualities that would make for a good Mother.

• You're wifey material? Too bad anonymous

1|0
    0|0
  • Just be yourself and eventually shit will happen

1|0
    0|0
  • Just be classy. It will show itself.

0|0
    0|0
  • that's not what makes you wife material.

0|0
    0|0
  • That sounds fine to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think guys generally look for "wife material" . A guy chooses he wants to marry dependant on the current stage he is in or she is in throughout there life. For example university is a time when you can practically make a fool out of yourself and it be considered "ok" to do so... a lot of men I know of decide to marry after university and when they have secured there job in there chosen career. I would focus on enjoying life to the full , continue to make friends and open up doors for possible dates. I mean I personally at uni wouldn't be looking for a wife. At university a lot of guys just want to graduate , get into a career earn money and have a good time for a few years then they realise they can't proceed the party life and the doors to marriage start to open abit more.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Not sure how the attributes you describe make you "wife material"?
    You are just a unique individual who happens to like sports and drinking beer.

0|3
    0|0
  • Don't be a "pick me".

Anyway, it's good you like those things. It just means you may have more in common with guys. That doesn't automatically make you wife material. It's how you treat your partner, communication, etc. Not just interests.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes