Have you ever been so nervous about a date that you didn’t want to go in case it goes bad?

Happens to me all the time. Even if I like the guy. It’s even becoming a problem.

I met a guy at a wedding. We hung out but once he asked me out on a date, I didn’t want to go because I thought it would go bad and then I’ll lose him (I lose him anyway because he became a douche as I feared).

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes I see where you are coming from the pressure of dating I think its hard by the game people play these day as well.
    Its very normal to be nervous me personally I just try have fun I don't do fancy dinners at restaurants I find them uncomfortable just simple thing.

It seems like you already made your mind up about the guy even before you got to know him ( you read a book by its cover)
    But maybe try build your confidence up, talk to more random people, be happy within yourself. hope I helped in some way

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Mhm. I'm the same way. I always self-sabotage because I hate the idea of losing something that's really good.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 17

• If it were me and you decided to not go on the date I'd just leave an open invitation to come and instead some night just have a movie night. Just give me 8 hrs+ warning before you come.

And for me I could careless about the movie it would be more of a chance to just get to know you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes and if it hurts you imagine what it's like for the poor fella sitting in his own in a cafe, bar, restaurant or pub, wondering when you will turn up or call. It's not great being stood up or messed about especially if the guy has had to travel a bit. Besides, why not go there, see what happens and judge him based on how he is. If there's no connection, tell him and leave. If there is a spark... there you go. That's the point of dating...

0|0
    0|0
  • The sad part Is you lost him once you made up your mind not to date. it's like when I was young and thinking to ask a girl out. I though she's just going to say no.. Then I never made a move.. so it was a no :-/

0|0
    0|0
  • No, the only hangup I have is that she might be less attractive than I remembered.

I’m fortunate enough to never have had a bad date. Even the ones that don’t lead anywhere, always have a good time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes with pre-date nerves I think if she wants to flake that's fine that way I want have to deal with any potential awkwardness.

0|0
    0|0
  • Win-win!
    That's called a self-fulfilling prophecy. Look at the bright side, you'll never be wrong!

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes,
    But it was only with a girl who also ended up being a douche, so perhaps it was for a reason.
    Though I did actually love her very much.

0|0
    0|0
  • This is called feat. Take a deeo vreath release it slowly and say to your self... I dont have expectations, i trust myself.. have fun

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I have. But I did it anyway and it turned out okay. There are worse ways of wasting your time. It's only a date , no commitment.

0|0
    0|0
  • I hate the date label. I fall apart once its labelled

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 2

Recommended myTakes