Would you be in a relationship with someone who's less attractive than you?

• Yes thats my preferences
    Vote A
  • Yes if they have a lot of money or they treat me like royalty
    Vote B
  • I would never date someone less attractive than me
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
But most people don't want to date someon else attractive than them and the less attractive partner does something to compensate.
Stop being nice. Just tell the truth. It's pretty obvious that no one here wants to admit they don't want a partner less attractive than them or that they would want the less attractive partner to compensate...

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• well, literally EVERYONE is less attractive than me so I kinda have to. ;)

2|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 26

• Personality and character really are more important- it's OK if she isn't that attractive. I want to enjoy being around her.

2|0
    0|0
  • The thing about attractiveness is different in everyone else's eyes. You may think a cute guy is dating an ugly girl when he genuinely thinks she's super pretty. Jealousy is also a factor. See this hot girl with some guy of course you're gonna brush him off as mediocre.

My question is, if I had to be with someone less attractive than me, who's standards is it by that makes them less attractive. Or the other way around.

0|0
    0|0
  • No because if they're less attractive to me (attraction is subjective), it means I dont find them so attractive. Which means in turn they aren't to my taste.

So why in the fuck would you date someone you're really not that into?

0|0
    0|0
  • None of the above, i'd date someone attractive to me no matter if thats less attractive or more attractive then i consider myself to be. I date her for who she is, not for how much superior or inferior she is to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Voted C. Either she's on par with me or prettier but not beneath.

Yes, I know it sounds shallow, but I am shallow as a person when it comes to look.

Blame my mom for that. I inherated it from her shallowness.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't even know how people do this kind of things.
    How can i be in love and find someone less attractive or unattractive? What kind of love is that? i never understood that.

This concept is so unknown to me. When i love a girl; everything about them turns perfect for me. And i don't care about social standards. They are useless and irrelevant. No one is qualified to determine who's more attractive and what is attractiveness anyway. Beauty is subjective. And if the love is real; people will find each other equally attractive. It's not a fashion show. It's a life to live.

People complain about objectification but then objectify each other like hell. The irony. Sorry i just don't understand these things.

Good Luck.

1|0
    0|0
  • less attractive than me? yes I would
    ugly as fuck? no I would not
    by the way you gave us awful options to vote on

3|0
    0|0
  • Here's my thing... as long as a woman has two qualities, I don't mind... as long as she is tall and thin. If she is tall and thin, then who cares if she is less attractive than me?

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as there is sexual attraction between each other and she has personality traits that im looking for then yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure. (Like, if they don't tick all the boxes, right?)

I'll admit, I have the image of an ideal partner in my head, but it doesn't have to be JUST like that. If she's cute and kind, yeayy. :3

0|0
    0|0
  • I would have to since everyone is less attractive than me

2|1
    1|0
  • Seems like less attractive women put more effort into relationships, but that can be said for both sexes

0|0
    0|0
  • I have but that wasn't why I dated her. I notice if she is attractive but it takes a whole lot more than great looks to interest me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly I don't think about dating for material gain or being treated better, because that is toxic in a relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like a girl whose got a outstanding personality.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would date someone less attractive than me if they are attractive TO me and I fell in love with their personality. Relationships are not all about looks and if I am in a relationship, it is because that person is attractive to ME and there is something about that person that I love. I don't care what other people think of me or her. They can have their opinions and they are more than welcome to keep those opinions to themselves unless I ask for it. It is extremely narcissistic to think that your looks have to be better or worse than another person. That all being said, I know I am ugly and almost any woman I am attracted to is going to be a million times better looking than me, so I guess I don't have to worry about it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, not because it's a preference but I don't mind it if I have feelings for her

1|0
    0|0
  • I believe my wife is but she disagrees so I don't know to answer your question.

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as the personality is on point and they're halfway attractive it doesn't really matter to me

0|0
    0|0
  • If they have a beautiful soul then i would

0|1
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 18

• I never choose based on looks, but if I had to choose I would choose the less attractive guy because i feel like if someone was too attractive they will be hard to keep and a bit cocky and I prefer more down to earth guys+ why would I want a guy that makes me look like the ugly one?
    So definitely will choose the less attractive

0|0
    0|0
  • I can't compare my attractiveness to others, so I don't know whether or not people I find attractive are more or less attractive than me. I wouldn't date someone I don't find attractive.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, as long as i find them attractive.

0|0
    0|0
  • I personally don't think who I date and what they look like is anyone's business. If two people like each other, whats look gotta do with it? I hate when people are like "why is he/she going out with her/him?" It's petty. If they vobe well and treat each other with love and respect, god speed.

0|1
    0|0
  • Personality honestly wins. If someone syncs with you, makes you laugh and is just fun to be with. Whether they are less attractive doesn’t matter. I don’t want to spend my life with a good looking person, I want to spend my life with someone who makes my heart warm.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes for me. I find that someone less attractive from me is more loyal and willing to go through anything with me. He might not have big wallet but I'd like a man who is willing to raise together with me in wealth matter as well.

0|0
    0|0
  • If I get on with them and they have a good personiatly then yes. It isn't about looks.

1|2
    0|0
    • I'm not just being nice. What I said is true. I wouldn't expect my partner to compensate for anything. He could be less attractive than me but j could still think he's equally or more so attractive. What other people think doesn't matter, it only matters what I think.

• Do people really care about this stuff? I just want someone who loves and respects me. If they got that awesome personality then hey who cares?

0|1
    0|0
  • You must be a sad person to have such shallow, narrow views...

0|0
    0|0
  • I didn't vote because none of the options apply. But sure I would. I'm rather plain looking so it's not like it would be impossible for someone to look better anyway.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not my prefrece but sure my ex boyfriend wasn't attractive but for some reason I get more attracted to someone after emotional attachment

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not based on looks. It's based on good personalities and how u get along with each other

1|2
    0|0
  • Well if you're with the person he's obviously really attractive to you. Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder

0|0
    0|0
  • Meh I did and made me miserable. So now I don't. Doesn't mean he needs to be more attravtive than me but same level of attractiveness.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd say about as attractive as I am would be my preference, but personality is more important.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes..

0|0
    0|0
  • They would be very attractive to me though

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes