Can women get flustered by men approaching and conversing with them?

I'm a decent looking guy, definitely not Ryan Gosling by any means but I'm 6'3 if that helps haha. I've always thought of myself as a pretty good communicator but have recently ran into some issues with approaching women. I'll walk up say hi and initiate a convo but find that so many women seem to act a little nervous. I can see there eyes light up and gloss over slightly but more often than not i feel like they totally freeze up on me. There was one extremely beautiful women who literally just stood there smiling the whole time i was talking. Whenever I created an opening for her to respond i instead just got this super nervous vibe that kind of through me off. Do women just get completely freaked out when a random dude says hi or something? Granted this doesn't happen all the time but a lot of the time i feel like I'm missing something. Maybe I come off as creepy? Haha

2