Is being single even when you’re trying to find a relationship simply bad luck?

• Yes
  • No

932

Most Helpful Guy

• Finding a partner for a relationship is not like going to WalMart to buy an ice cooler. You don't just walk into the store and pick out a new partner.

Some people are not motivated to look, some people go about it in the wrong way, and it takes time even when you are motivated and doing all the right things. Being single is an inevitable part of the process.

• Touche! I like the ice cooler analogy! Very on point.

• That’s the thing. I’ve never really been in a relationship. Most of the guys I met have been online. Either from POF, OKC or FB

• I have met many women on POF. What is the problem that you have meeting guys through POF or OKC?

Most Helpful Girl

• No, not really. Depends on how you’re ”trying”. Some people might be frightened by it because it might come off as desperate. Also you don’t just build a relationship out of thin air. It’s the sort of thing that takes time. Yes, when finding someone you have to be a bit ”lucky”, but at the same time it’s something that requires work, time and patience. I agree with @OlderAndWiser, it’s not like walking into a store and buying something. Compare it more to wanting something in particular, going through several stores and talking to several customer service workers before finding the item you wanted.