Why is it girls say there's no decent guys out there but only date assholes?

911

Most Helpful Girl

• Because everyone is advertising how they are a nice guy, but then they actually aren't. People date those who they initially found compatible. More often than not that perception changes when they settle in on the relationship and both people show their true colors. Also, just being a decent guy doesn't mean they are a good boyfriend for every girl out there. There is so much more with compatible personalities and attraction than just being a decent human being.

• Yes, but that doesn't explain why women keep going after the same type over and over and then complaining they can't find a good guy. It just puts the onus on the guys these girls pick, I repeat, the guys these girls pick.

Most Helpful Guy

• A girl wanting a decent guy does not mean that she wants to settle and compromise on her standards, nor should she. She wants decent to be part of the total package, not the only redeeming feature. You can't always overlook a number of qualities just because someone holds the door for you. If you're not attracted you're not attracted. So, she aims for a guy that she is attracted to, who she finds exciting and who happens to not be an asshole. Unfortunately that narrows down the selection pool, but that doesn't mean she should give up on her hopes. Nor does it mean that she doesn't have the same right as anyone else to complain about her lack of luck.