What is the maximum age gap that you'd want between you and your partner?

I probably wouldn't date anyone younger or older than me who is more than a couple years younger/older

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• I used to say no more than 10 years, but I met an amazing woman who happens to be 15 years younger and we fell for each other almost instantly (my age is wrong on this site and I can't change it). I struggled with it at first, but I'd be a fool to let age get in the way.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I recently moved my age gap limit. I just met this really nice guy of thirty-two and he seems like a gentleman. I've noticed that I attract older guys anyway, due to my mature nature, so yeah, thirty-two it is.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 41

• It depends. If it's someone the age of 20 then I'd say eighteen is the lowest and twenty five the highest, if that someone is forty then I'd ±10 years is fair game.

There was an XKCD about it which had a standard formula for this.

0|0
    0|0
  • Divide by two plus seven. The difference between your age and the calculated one is the maximum gap.

If you are 40, the gap can be 13 years. However, the gap for someone who is 27 has a maximum of 6, so that won't work out.

Those calculations are guidelines based on nothing of course. They give only an estimation of what is socially acceptable in a western civilization. But who cares about the opinion of others when we are talking about true love?

1|0
    0|0
  • No age gap limit as long as both understand what they are getting into and happy to do so. My girlfriend is a lot yunger than me n we together since she was 18. She 22 now

1|0
    0|0
  • Personal preference, there should only be 1-3 year’s difference. But there’s nothing wrong with a 4-6 year difference. Any more than that is pretty weird though

0|0
    0|0
  • Interesting! One of my first questions on this site was very similar to this. I'd say a girl who is 24 is about the youngest I'd start a relationship with and 41 is the oldest.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would never date in general, but let's say I did. The girl would have to be younger than me. I'd go as far as 20 years

0|0
    0|0
  • That's really gonna depend , I've met women my age that act like spoiled children. And I've met younger that are more mature.
    But I'd say maybe no more than 10 years.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've dated significantly older and younger women. For me, attraction is psychological as much as physical.

1|0
    0|0
  • As long as that mentality is there, age wouldn't be that big of a deal unless she's just old af. But it just depends on the person id think

0|0
    0|0
  • I really wouldn’t want to go anymore than 5 years and that’s pushing it to me. I’d prefer to be within a couple

0|0
    0|0
  • I’ll do 25 years or younger if she was intelligent and happy

0|0
    0|0
  • Between 18 and 30 for sex
    Between 20 and 26 for serious

0|0
    0|0
  • I just don't care of all goes ok feelings sexlife and good-looking

0|0
    1|0
  • I think about ±6 years, if I could get a date. No younger than 18; 34 would be pushing it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Whatever she feels comfortable with, as long as she is of legal age.

0|0
    0|0
  • +- 2 years seems to be a perfect range for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • <= his/her thigh gap.

0|0
    0|0
  • My girlfriend is 25 and that's the limit.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on their maturity and intelligence

0|0
    0|0
  • Between 0 and 20 years

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 13

• +-2 years.

0|0
    0|0
  • ideally 3 plus or minus but im dating a guy 6 years younger. and he's the bees knees.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hmm, not sure but it's sometimes a preference.. as I tend to like older men.

0|0
    0|0
  • At this stage in my life probably no more than 5 years. Anyone older and we'll definitely be in different stages of our lives.

0|0
    0|0
  • No more than 10 years older.

No more than 5 years younger.

0|0
    0|0
  • For older 3 years is fine
    For younger not more than 1 yr younger

0|0
    0|0
    • Hi r u sure it's right max of 7 + is acceptable

• Show All
    • @sidvt not more than 3 because it would be too much for me and when I think about marriage I would like the person to be closer in age to me...
      It is my opinion for me... But I don't know, anything can happen because I hv never dated so kind of difficult to say something beforehand

• 5 years older, I wouldn’t date anyone younger than me.

0|0
    0|0
  • + 15

0|0
    0|0
  • 20 years lolol

0|0
    0|0
  • +10 years.

0|0
    0|0
  • 3 years