Am I wasting my time on this guy or is it too early to tell?

So there has been this guy that I met off Hinge. We messaged there for awhile until he gave me his number last week to text. He also expressed that he wanted to take me out on a date for Christmas. We have been busy to find a good time for the date but we did hang out Friday night at the gym because we couldn't wait any longer (lol not ideal but none of us could sleep since it was late and I didn't want to go to a private place for the first time hanging with someone.)
He did tell me beforehand that he wanted to see me even if it was for a short time because he was getting a puppy the next morning and it would be harder to hang out with him. He also told me that he wants to get to know me and "obviously" go out with me. At the gym he did ask if I wanted to see Disaster Artist for our date and I said yes. The next morning he texted me and added that he would take longer to text back because of the puppy. So since then, he has been taking HOURS to text back. He will make an effort for the conversation to continue though his replies are shorter and did apologize once because it took a long time to respond.

I know it's early and he did warn me but am I wasting my time? Is a puppy that time consuming? We haven't actually set our date in stone yet. I think I'm just really afraid that I'm being led on and I really don't know what to expect since it's been forever since I've last pursued a relationship.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• The puppy is just an excuse to distance himself since sex is not on the menu.
    He is leading you on and you are way too emotionally invested in him before you are 100% sure about him

0|0
    0|0
    • He was the one who suggested both the gym and the movie. He also did bring up doing sexual things over text and I confronted him on what his intentions actually were and that's where he told me that he wanted to get to know me and all of that. I do agree that I am too emotionally invested though

Most Helpful Girl

• It is possible that he is dealing with the puppy. If it's his first puppy and he is unsure of what to do or maybe a little too excited to have one, he will be spending most of his time with it. Once that excitement wears down and once that puppy is settled in, I'm sure he'll go back to the way he was with you. At least he let you know in advance of what might happen. It shows he is being considerate of your feelings and doesn't want you to think that you're being ignored. Give it some time.

0|0
    0|0
    • From my knowledge, it is his first puppy that he can call his own. He did say it's like having a baby. The puppy has also been sick and I know that he took him to the vet today but I haven't heard from him since 1 this afternoon. I don't know if I should still ask him about the date though because he said it would be this week. He also said that he would bring the puppy if he couldn't find someone to watch the puppy for a few hours.

• Don't ask him anything. Let him do the work. If he said it'll be this week then wait it out. If he doesn't bring it up again then you have your answer.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• Just relax, if he seems into you in person then that's fine, texting constantly isn't necessary to show interest.

0|0
    0|0
    • He did seem very into me in person. I do need to realize that constantly texting isn’t necessary for interest too. I guess if he actually contacts me about the date though we haven’t talked about it since last week then I’ll know. Unless I should ask him about it.

• Leave it for a day or two, mention it to him again and if he doesn't say anything he might not be interested. Good luck.

• Honestly i think you're being led one. My family has 2 kittens right now and if I needed to reply i could have both of them dealt with in minutes, and surely if i can deal with mutliple animals in minutes, he should be able to deal with one animal in minutes too

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like it, you never know he might of bought that puppy for someone else that he is spending time with

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes