Boyfriend gave cheap gifts for Christmas?

Story short my boyfriend told me he wanted to go all out this year for Christmas and spoil me so I decided that I needed to do the same in return and get him some great gifts which I did. I opened my present at Christmas and he got me some cheap soaps and that was it. I almost cried but didn't have the heart to say something because I thought it would make me look petty. He didn't even look embarrassed that he got a lot of gifts from me and he gave me something cheap.

415

Most Helpful Guy

• Ya don't be greedy bla bla bla. No your absolutely right. All of this could be written off as a absent minded guy who forgot he said something like that. But the fact that he was perfectly okay with giving you soap when you have him something nice would be a warning bell to me. In my older school mind set, the guy should be trying to take care of the woman in his life. He shouldn't feel right about you going above and beyond when he got you soap. In a more modern mindset, since I understand not everyone thinks alike, a relationship should be about equality and he should have felt uncomfortable about how obviously unequal the gifting was. And if he ACTUALLY thought he was going all out and didn't just forget he said That, then there is definitely something very egocentric about him. Shouldn't be the end all be all. It is just gifts. But it does give you some indication as to what personality traits you might be wary of rearing up as your relationship progresses. Proceed with caution.

Most Helpful Girl

• Damn I’d be angry or rather disappointed too 😂. Perhaps he didn’t even take the time to observe and think what you wanted/ need the most during the days before Christmas. I personally observe everyone that I’m going to gift before Christmas.

• Exactly I got him things he specifically asked for or that he really needed and I knew would be very happy with