Why did I freak out when he asked when are we going to be official?

i was hanging out with this guy that i like. he asked me, when are we going to be official. i then said, i don't know if your messing with me or not, i don't know if you're being for real. he then responds "thats fuked up". i just freaked out and was shocked that he said that. it threw me off guard. my question is, why else did i do that especially if i like him? lol i don't understand myself.

16

Most Helpful Guy

• Being official puts things on a different, more intimate and personal level, plus means more of a commitment. It also runs through your mind, is he serious, how do i know if he's serious, what does it mean to him, what does it mean to me, and does it change our sexual relationship. So all kinds of reasons for it to freak you out a little.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's ok , going offical is commitment. You can take ur time , explain him Ur sudden reaction. Nothing has gone off hands u can still reason with him.