Do guys care about weight?

I've always been overweight and I've done some pretty serious stuff in attempts to get skinny. That being said, while overweight I've never had a relationship of any kind. I'm exploring to see if my weight is the cause or if there is likely some other reason. Only honest opinions please. Thank you!

215

Most Helpful Guy

• Everyone is different. I've always liked a bit of flesh and not scrawny... Is your weight so out of control it may be of health risks to you?

I've been with women who are just so unhealthy it is actually too stressful to be with them.

• I wouldn't say its out of control, it just seems impossible to get rid of once its there, as in I have to eat under 500 calories a day for a few weeks to get results. Trying to decide if its worth it haha

Most Helpful Girl

• Although I’m not a man but as a lesbian, I would say yes I care about weight. To a certain extent, I am overweight myself. But on a girl I see more of personality than of there figure.
    As for the weight, if they are underweight I would be seriously worried not that I wouldn’t date them but would help aid to make them healthier same as if the person was extremely overweight I’d help them feel better about themselves. But if a person is happy with the way they are then so be it.
    (Unless they are putting themselves at risk like all eating disorders and uncontrolled diabetes and other conditions)

• And please don't starve yourself or become bulimic, the best way to lose weight is exercise and portion control. I was anorexic before but gained all the weight back due to trauma but am now happier with myself.
      With exercise it doesn't have to be a lot either, even a 20-30 minute walk is good enough your at least doing something to get your body moving.
      With portion control don't obsess over the numbers get a weight loss app and come up with a plan for yourself of what your going to eat every day until you feel good enough, but nothing under 1,200 calories a day.
      Again you don't have to lose weight because all sizes are beautiful in there own way. The best thing to do is look in the mirror and pick out 5 things about yourself that you are proud of and that you are beautiful no matter what that negative side of out minds say. Be strong hun :)

• Thanks, I won't :) I think it will get better once I'm in college; they have an exercise room thats open for use! Funny enough, i do really enjoy exercise.