Do guys care about weight?

I've always been overweight and I've done some pretty serious stuff in attempts to get skinny. That being said, while overweight I've never had a relationship of any kind. I'm exploring to see if my weight is the cause or if there is likely some other reason. Only honest opinions please. Thank you!

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Everyone is different. I've always liked a bit of flesh and not scrawny... Is your weight so out of control it may be of health risks to you?

I've been with women who are just so unhealthy it is actually too stressful to be with them.

0|0
    0|0
    • I wouldn't say its out of control, it just seems impossible to get rid of once its there, as in I have to eat under 500 calories a day for a few weeks to get results. Trying to decide if its worth it haha

Most Helpful Girl

• Although I’m not a man but as a lesbian, I would say yes I care about weight. To a certain extent, I am overweight myself. But on a girl I see more of personality than of there figure.
    As for the weight, if they are underweight I would be seriously worried not that I wouldn’t date them but would help aid to make them healthier same as if the person was extremely overweight I’d help them feel better about themselves. But if a person is happy with the way they are then so be it.
    (Unless they are putting themselves at risk like all eating disorders and uncontrolled diabetes and other conditions)

1|0
    0|0
    • And please don't starve yourself or become bulimic, the best way to lose weight is exercise and portion control. I was anorexic before but gained all the weight back due to trauma but am now happier with myself.
      With exercise it doesn't have to be a lot either, even a 20-30 minute walk is good enough your at least doing something to get your body moving.
      With portion control don't obsess over the numbers get a weight loss app and come up with a plan for yourself of what your going to eat every day until you feel good enough, but nothing under 1,200 calories a day.
      Again you don't have to lose weight because all sizes are beautiful in there own way. The best thing to do is look in the mirror and pick out 5 things about yourself that you are proud of and that you are beautiful no matter what that negative side of out minds say. Be strong hun :)

• Thanks, I won't :) I think it will get better once I'm in college; they have an exercise room thats open for use! Funny enough, i do really enjoy exercise.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 14

• To be 100% honest I worked for 2 long years day in and day out to get my body to where it is now. I used to be 285 in high school now I'm a small 190 and happy. I'm not saying that your weight is your probably but losing could be part of the solution. P. S. I personally hate people who make excuses for their weight like I used to.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the guy and your weight. But I've been attracted to bigger women, not because of the weight, but because they were beautiful and had a great personality. If I like you, I like you the way you are. Not every guy is going to like you, but some will still be attracted to you. But what you need to do is don't wait for guys to approach you. Approach them and at least strike up a conversation and try to be more outgoing. Let them see your personality.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah it can be your weight. Especially if the guys you go after are always with skinny girls. Some men don't mind. But then there's still a limit to everything. I don't mind a girl with a little weight. But 300 pounds or more is not attractive to me. So just keep doing what you're doing and be you. But also be aware of who you're chasing.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not all of us do. I'm definitely not one to go for a partner based on build

2|1
    0|0
  • Honestly I don't... among physical attributes face is all that matters to me.

1|0
    0|0
  • Weight has never been an issue for me. it is more what kind of friendship you have that blossoms into a relationship that matters more.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you want a guy of any kind of quality then yes, they do care.

0|0
    0|0
  • I personaly don't care about weight you just shouldn't look like balloon 😀

0|0
    0|0
  • I think women are wrong about thinking that guys like skinny shape. We don't 😂😂😂

0|0
    0|0
  • I prefer girls who carry a bit of junk, many guys do they just need to be mature enough to go for it

0|0
    0|0
  • Some guys care about weight.

0|0
    0|0
  • Think about your health...

0|0
    0|0
  • It can be for some other don't care as much depends.

0|0
    0|0
  • Weight is very important for girls you'd better get fit to get a successful marriage. For boys it's less important. In fact I had more affairs when I was a little chubby. Now, as I'm getting slim, nobody wants me except for my wife =D

0|0
    1|1

What Girls Said 1

• I was reading in the comments and it said you consumed 550 calories? Um babe that isn't healthy. What's your weight now and your height? Just eat in smaller portions and make sure it's healthy like chicken and vegetables, nuts, seeds, fruits, just make sure to stay away from bad carbs (breads, pastas) Eat smaller portions, don't over eat. Drink lots of water!!! Cut out unhealthy sugars, sodas, candy.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes