Boyfriend says if I had plastic surgery he'd break up with me?

I want to make my eyes bigger but he says if I ever do he will break up with me. He's really handsome and I'm afraid that He might find another pretty girl. And I feel like it's the only thing that'll raise my self esteem. I feel like everybody is prettier than me and it feels awful.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• He's saying he doesn't want you to change. He probably feels if you do it you're trying to impress the rest of the world including other guys when really the only people your appearance should matter to is you and him. He probably feels like you're trying to look better for someone other than him. Honestly if he likes you the way you are I'm confused on why you would want to change? Does it really matter what anyone else thinks? In my opinion life is too short to try and impress people who aren't an integral part of yours.

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Fuck him. Do what you want. In two years you and him might have broken up anyway and you will regret not having done the surgery.
    Plus a good boyfriend would never threaten to break up with you over something as small as eye surgery.
    Are you wanting to get the lid surgery or the lengthening surgery?

0|0
    0|1
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 19

• That's not going to fix your problem, its you that are the problem not your body. I mean if he is really attached to you, enough where he cannot bare the thought of you altering your body (and putting yourself at risk for that matter) then why the hell would you feel like your not good enough? Seems rather counter intuitive doesn't it? So what makes you feel like your not attractive?

0|0
    0|0
  • My ex used to say she wants fake boobs i uses to say the same to her. I was with her because who she was i don't want a fake barbie. I used to hate her wearing makeup too cause she was most beautiful naturally. I don't want plastic or ill buy a doll. That won't even complain or argue thrn

0|0
    0|0
  • If I was him I would do the same but it shouldn't stop you from what you want. Is your boyfriend's views about you your priority or your big eyes? This question can only by answered by you.

2|0
    0|0
  • Perhaps instead of surgery, counselling to work on your self esteem and insecurities would be better.

1|1
    0|0
  • Ur basically inviting a break up. Unless u have eyes this big

0|0
    0|0
  • Girls usually think they know what makes an attractive girl better than a guy. If girls could look exactly how ther wanted. You better believe lots of guys wouldn't find it attractive

0|0
    0|0
  • I can understand him, he like you how he meet you. But it can help you to go see a therapist to talk about this.

0|0
    0|0
  • The fact that your boyfriend said that means he likes you the way you are and that should raise your self-esteem.

0|0
    0|0
  • If he doesn't want you to do it it means you're beautiful as you are and that you're ugly that's just the way women think, but you're probably not.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because he likes how you look already he wouldn't change anything

1|1
    0|0
  • U domt see that ur boyfriend loves u how u look now?

1|1
    0|0
  • I'd break up to, if there is no medical reason to get it done, then it's foolish

0|0
    0|0
  • He sees no reason to alter yourself. If having surgery is the only thing that will make you feel better, then what do you have him for?

0|0
    0|0
  • Bigger eyes? Sounds like you have esteem issues. That'll drive him away rather then prettier girls

0|0
    0|0
  • He likes how you look, so it's better not doing that.

0|0
    0|0
  • eyes bigger
    Are u Asian
    If so no lol

0|0
    0|0
    • Yes I am

• Show All
    • Well it's cuz I had surgery on my eyes before and they look uneven. I think he knows I did it cuz he saw like an old pic, but yeah.

• Ohhh lol
      That sucks cause you don't wanna get into surgery after surgery after surgery

Hummm lol i guess fix it? 😬

• Accept and love yourself.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would too

0|0
    0|0
  • If hé realy loves you, hè would do his best to convince you your perfect the way you are. Be careful with highly religious types thoug, if it goes against his believe, he wil definitely breakup.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• he wants u for the way you look dont ruin that , dont ruin your relationship. Everyone is beautiful in their kind of way. So be happy for who you are and how you look. Remember u are blessed and healthy , thats what counts

0|2
    0|0
  • What kind of surgery are you expecting to make your eyes bigger?

0|0
    0|0
  • Dude. He likes you, your self-esteem is destroying your relationship. Listen to him.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes