If men ask me why I have low self-esteem, does that mean I’m am okay in looks?

I grew up being very ugly and fat, and I still have the same mentality. I don’t allow myself to date for my own insecurities even though I get asked out. I usually make lies and say I’m busy or broke.

But I finally started telling men I talk to that I don’t like my body or my looks and they tell me my self-esteem is too low. Does that mean I’m decent looking? Am I just too over-worried for nothing?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I think that just means they would date you but the fact your holding back consistently how you really feel makes its a huge turn off to be with you. As they dont feel like what you really are saying is the truth as your too busy lying to yourself.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• Believe in what you want as long as your self confidence improves and you feel better, also consider going to therapist.

I assume you worked on your outward look, you should now concentrate on changing your mentality, believe me it feels amazing to get the whole burden of overthinking outside the window.

0|0
    0|0
  • You're worried about nothing, the guys are paying you complements telling you you're attractive with out being incredibly forthcoming about it

1|0
    0|0
    • Even strangers and friends?

• I think that depends on both people. I think the chances are they're trying to give you complements

• depends on how the guys look. maybe its ugly guys too who are desperate for a fuck.

1|0
    0|0
    • That’s what I think :/

• Show All
    • A couple are good looking, I thought they were out of my league but then opened to have feelings for me

• so if u think they are attractive have fun with em!

• Yes!

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes