Out of curiosity, what do you look for in a dating profile?

HarveyOzwalt
After trying goodness knows how many different dating websites and having very little success, I figured I'd ask. Generally speaking: What do you look for/find attractive enough in a profile to strike up a conversation or respond back to on dating sites? Good photos? In depth description or just the basics? Showing off your dorky side? Showing off a more reserved side? I've tried these tactics and more but with very little success.

*Just to clarify I'm just looking for advice on how to best advertise myself. I know that making a relationship work takes effort, communication, and not being a dick which I'm pretty sure I've got down pat. For some reason I've yet to fathom I just don't have much luck gathering enough interest to encourage a conversation at the very least. At least that's my current hypothesis.

... ok I'll stop talking now, the longer I type the more I think I'll start sounding phony. I just need a little help getting a clue is all. πŸ˜“
1