I love him but hate his parents. I need advice?

215

Most Helpful Guy

• His parents are going to be a part of your life as your parents will be in his life. Comparisons are useless and saying anything bad about his Mom or Dad will haunt you forever. He may not like them but it. s different if you agree or say something. my sister has this problem. She says she loves him and smiles and is agreeable. If they do something horrible it is expected that he will protect and defend her. She gains nothing by being difficult about them. They talk about things but relies on him to be reasonable about things and not escalate things. My father-in-law and I were great friends. My mother-in-law hated my guts and had no problem telling people. No reason, maybe anyone who married her daughter was going to get it. I always smiled, gave safe innocuous answers and let my wife deal with difficulties.

Most Helpful Girl

• Nothing you can do about that. Just don't let it get to you. Act as neutral and friendly as possible to his parents, even though they could try to give you hell. You can't help it if they aren't very good people. What did they do?