Would you forgive someone for cheating? If so how do you forgive them?

I personally would just break up on someone if they cheated on me unless we're married then I'd try to work it out, I don't know how but I would try.
  • Yes I could forgive someone for cheating
    Vote A
  • No I couldn't forgive someone for cheating
    Vote B
  • Other
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• No. It'll happen again. It's just a matter of time. As soon as the opportunity presents itself, temptation will be too big.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope I give zero fucks married or not. If my guy cheated on me then that’s it. No more us. Just a memory. I’ve grown up seeing a lot of cheating/ heartbreak/ depression. No thanks if they fuck up no chances. Don’t be with me if you aren’t ready

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 15

• I agree with you. I'd just break up.
    You forgive someone when:
    1) You believe the sincerity of their apology.
    2) You believe they're trying to make it up to you.
    3) You observe them not having time away from you that they can't account for.
    4) You see them doing the above over a sufficient length of time.

1|0
    0|0
  • i can definitely forgive someone from cheating, but that doesn´t mean i could continue to be in a commited relationship with said cheater, in fact i forgave my ex girlfriend who cheated on my, but the relationship was over by that point.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have a lot of lines, and chasing isn't one of them. I don't see it as bad as long as the person is seeking to admit it to me, or even if they keep it secret firm me I wouldn't necessarily feel betrayed. Emotions and desires are hard to fight, and nothing is certain, and I'd rather talk it over with a person than get angry and cut them off.

1|0
    0|0
  • No I don’t think I could.
    Once the trust is gone it’s gone.

You’d be worried about what they are doing, if they would cheat again and also would be hard not to think about.
    It’s likely to come up in an argument.

If there is any hint of this I walk.
    But if married it’s more committed so maybe a second chance but it would be really difficult.

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely not. Once they have cheated, that's it. If they couldn't have been bothered to tell me that they want someone else/ don't feel our relationship is right, then I can't be bothered to continue it.

0|0
    0|0
  • For me it's not so much the act itself as the dishonesty. I would definitely want to talk what she was feeling and why it happened.

0|0
    0|0
  • No way. I'm not setting myself to be messed around for a second time.

1|0
    0|0
  • I could forgive, but she needs a damn good reason or excuse. However, I forgive but never forget.

1|0
    0|0
  • I can't help but to forgive... I'm too nice and I can't go 2 min without her!

0|0
    0|0
  • No. If a person cheats they don't love you much less respect you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 7

• It would be pointless me forgiving them and trying again because I would never be able to trust them again so it would never be the same.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the relationship, if there is a lot invested we may be able to work it out be that ish can't happen again.

1|0
    0|0
  • I could probably forgive but it depends on the relationship and circumstances. It would be very hard and really put a dent in the relationship and he’d have to rebuild my trust.

1|0
    0|0
  • Fuck that, once a cheater always a cheater. If they cheat once, I am done.

1|0
    0|0
  • If someone cheats on me then that’s it. I’m not going to let it happen again.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would never forgive.

1|0
    0|0
  • No I won't.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes